Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
aka 'Red-Devil'
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this on Craigs List for a while now. Tonight I was thinking, it's cool, but who would buy such a thing? Then it hit me someone on the SCOA! It's in Potomac Maryland. Not mine, don't know the seller, just thought I'd share.

Smart Car Tridion Cell Display

·
17,371 Posts
I'd put that thing in my garage and turn it into the ultimate racing game rig. :D

Or just keep it as a sort of contemporary art. :)

A LOOOOOOONG time ago (before I even got a smart) I saw one on eBay going for about $500. I wouldn't pay any more than that...

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Could use the windshield opening for a big screen monitor for racing games. Use the steering wheel location for a steering wheel and the pedal area for the pedals...

Get a video game racing seat with the subwoofer and vibrations in it...

Not bad Neon...

·
17,371 Posts
Or...Put giant wheels on it, Harley engine in back, and have it as some sort of Max Max/Burning Man style dune buggy? :D

·
17,371 Posts
I heard they cost just a tad under the cost of the current model Pure! :eek:

·
17,371 Posts
You can't even scrap the thing for half the price you bought it for. Only extreme smart diehards would buy it, and with practically zero actual use, there's no way you'd be unloading that thing for $1,000!

I'd say like $300-$500 max...not even, really...

·
17,371 Posts
I do, but $1k is not what I'd pay for it! :D

If I'm spending $1+k I'd rather get Google Glass! :rofl:

Speaking of Google Glass...I just got an invite to buy one...I'd gladly trade that invite for a Tridion Cell display! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts