Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are lot of dealers that have a rental car agency on the premises. Either Enterprise or Avis. This is an easy way to give a service customer a loaner without tying up the dealers inventory. A lot of the dealers I have taken my cars to will give a slip which you take over to the rental agency and soon you are on your way. If the dealer supplies the agency with their products it is also a great way for the customer to try out a new model and maybe trade that car in service for a new one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The thing I notice with you Meat is that rather than listening to someone's point of view, you're already trying draft up your arguments. Nobody's right in your mind. Nobody's relevant in your world. We all live in Fantasyland according to you.

If you ran a dealership with your attitude, you can sure bet a lot of people would not dare to venture in. I don't care if you happen to sell the most demanded car in the history of man kind.

Why don't you go back and read the original post again. Maybe read it twice. What she asked for is not unreasonable. She bought a car and it has been in the shop more than it has been in her garage. She has every right to be upset. A loaner should have been offered as it would have been cheaper and more convenient to the customer.

She wasn't asking for the key to the dealership, 50% off lifetime oil changes, a cup of free coffee, or a Smart jacket.

There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I ran that dealership. The bottom line is that I'm going to make it right for him/her. I will give them 5-star service from me and my staff and will do so whether they buy a Pure or an SLR........but hey...that's just me. I am Mr. Customer Service to you.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mmmeat - maybe you have finally said something that I can agree with.
service be done to the satisfaction of the customer and to the limits set by the dealership, region, and manufacturer.
You are in CA. I am in TX. Here in TX, it is normal - dare I say expected - to get a loaner for warrenty work. I always have - for every car I have ever owned (sometimes even for non-warrenty work!). Maybe this is the crux of the situation. At last, a light bulb. Rather than using the "norm" of the region - we are all being treated "equal" ... Well, as I frequently have told my now-grown children - equal is not always fair nor proper. I do not treat someone capable of exceptional behavior with the same level of expectations of someone capable of only minimal behavior.

What folks in CA are accustomed to vs. TX vs MI...etc..maybe this is what SHOULD be offered. After all - a $100K house in TX is a long way from a $100K house in CA. Not an apple to apples comparison.

Anyway - enough is enough. But thanks for respecting my requests to leave me alone.

·
Registered
467 Posts
mmmeat - maybe you have finally said something that I can agree with.

You are in CA. I am in TX. Here in TX, it is normal - dare I say expected - to get a loaner for warrenty work. I always have - for every car I have ever owned (sometimes even for non-warrenty work!).
Not to add fuel to the fire...but I've purchased 6 cars in Texas in the past 9 years and the only car that I got a loaner whenever I brought it in for service was the MINI. Did not have it for my Saturn, Mitsubishi, Scion, Chevy Truck. Don't know about the Smart since I haven't had any warranty work so I can't comment on it. So when I go buy a car I really don't expect to get a loaner when it's in for service.

Again, sorry to hear you have not been treated first class at the dealership. But my experience with them has been superior.

·
Banned
629 Posts
There are lot of dealers that have a rental car agency on the premises. Either Enterprise or Avis. This is an easy way to give a service customer a loaner without tying up the dealers inventory. A lot of the dealers I have taken my cars to will give a slip which you take over to the rental agency and soon you are on your way. If the dealer supplies the agency with their products it is also a great way for the customer to try out a new model and maybe trade that car in service for a new one.
Someone has to pay for that rental car. The rental car agency isn't going to provide the car for free. The dealership isn't going to provide the car for free. So who ends up paying for the rental car?

You and I, through higher prices for cars and services. I don't want to pay for your rental car. No offense.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Banned
629 Posts
The thing I notice with you Meat is that rather than listening to someone's point of view, you're already trying draft up your arguments. Nobody's right in your mind. Nobody's relevant in your world. We all live in Fantasyland according to you.
Interesting response. Let's look at it a bit closer.

You're correct, I don't listen to anyone's point of view on a message board; the words are all written, and listening to my computer is an exercise in silliness. I do, however, read every word of every post I respond to. Having a genius-level IQ and the ability to view an argument from more than just the blinders-on, narrow confines of some knuckle dragger who is bound and determined to be right no matter how wrong they are tends to make me more than just the average food group when it comes to my well crafted and well thought out responses.

I also don't 'try' to draft a response. I either do, or I don't. As you can plainly see, this post is a "do."

I have never met 'nobody' so whether they're right, wrong or relevant is totally irrelevant and out of the scope of this particular thread anyway.

Just so that we start off on the right foot, here: you're not presenting an argument, you're just attacking me. That means that you automatically lose whatever debate you're trying to engage in because I know - beyond the shadow of a doubt - that I'm freakin' brilliant, smart, witty, wise, knowledgeable beyond my years, a snappy dresser, a fantastic lay, and God's gift to women, the internet and the world. Your silly little personal attacks aren't going to change that. Huff and puff all you want, anemic little chihuahuas with bad lungs never grow up to be the Big Bad Wolf.

Furthermore, you've made a significant error; you didn't read or comprehend my posts: I - at no point - ever said that anyone besides a single poster was living in fantasyland. If you want to feel empathetic with someone, try doing it with a proven winner instead of someone who can't form a clear, concise argument.

If you ran a dealership with your attitude, you can sure bet a lot of people would not dare to venture in. I don't care if you happen to sell the most demanded car in the history of man kind.
I did, I made a fortune, and I sold the dealership.

Whether or not you care if I happened to sell "the most demanded car in the history of man kind" is irrelevant. I know how to run a business and treat my customers with the respect they deserve for procuring my services.

Why don't you go back and read the original post again.
Why don't you? And try not moving your lips this time. And if you continue to have trouble with the big words have someone explain it to you in a simpler context using dolls, models, diagrams and crayons. Perhaps that will get you over the hump.

What she asked for is not unreasonable.
Says who? You're not a dealer. You have no clue whether it was reasonable or not.

She has every right to be upset.
No one guarantees that right at all. You're mistaken and silly. And because you continue to be silly, I continue to be smart assed.

A loaner should have been offered as it would have been cheaper and more convenient to the customer.
Says who? You're not a dealer. You have no clue as to whether it would have been cheaper - or to whom it would have been cheaper - and you don't know whether it would have been more convenient to the customer or not. Even with a crayon stuffed up your nose you should have noticed that the original poster was OUT OF TOWN. I know it's hard, but try to connect the dots and explain who would be using that loaner with the OP out of town.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

:rolleyes:

She wasn't asking for the key to the dealership, 50% off lifetime oil changes, a cup of free coffee, or a Smart jacket.
Exactly my point. And you've confirmed exactly what I posted. And you proved another point that I've made before as well: even a monkey that's a poor marksman can eventually get poo to stick to a wall.

So, to reiterate my point which you stumbled into (obviously accidentally): the OP only started this thread to complain about a dealer who bent over backwards to get her car fixed and back to her.

Thank you for playing, I'll email you a copy of our home game.

There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I ran that dealership.
But you don't, and you didn't take the time to understand what the OP wrote in the original post that started this whole multi-page clusterf.

I will make one further observation: Whatever you think you would have done, or claim that you would have done is far outweighed by what you posted to me, and to which I'm replying. Your silly attack on me shows exactly what you would have done.

Dale Carnegie would be so proud of you. :p

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Here in TX, it is normal - dare I say expected - to get a loaner for warrenty work.
You can dare all you want to, dealerships and manufacturers don't make different cars for different states, nor do they treat customers different depending on their geographic location.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey meat.....You can have the last word. I'm not going argue with you nor do I have the time. It's obvious that you are Mr. Know It All........

Like Katzam said, enough is enough.....let's close this thread. You see it your way, I'll see it mine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I used to live in Iowa where depending on the dealer sometimes you got a loaner and sometimes you didn't. The dealer I worked for had a set number of loaners each day and when they were all gone they were all gone. If you wanted a loaner you could schedule your service for a day with a loaner. Some new car warranty's provide a loaner car in them when it is a warranted item. I don't know if that is the case with Smart.
When I moved to TX I was pleasantly surprised that every dealership I've dealt with has provided a loaner. I don't know if it the intense competition between dealers or what but I like it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts