Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to say I'm a little concerned about the Seattle dealership. I took my car there for annual service last month. There was ONE smart in the lot and none in the showroom. They no longer have service open the same hours and the showroom is now closed on Sundays. Someone just rearended me today. I tried to call to bring my car in. No one returns calls. Can't make an actual appointment for service, they just say to bring it in any time. What's going on there? It's like a ghost town.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They might be waiting for the 2013's rumor is they are waiting to go though customs...
But that doesn't explain the lack of people returning calls to schedule service? What is happening there? I haven't visited this forum in a while and didn't even know about the MB takeover till I checked today because of all the weirdness trying to get in touch with someone at the dealership. I saw that some dealerships weren't selling new smarts on one of the threads? Is that true of Seattle? Anyone know? I'm getting worried that I won't be able to get my car repaired. :-(

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Debby it's almost over for Smart.

Our dealer, that was once the HQ for Smart is gone, and an MB dealer is offering service at outrageous prices and little or no sales.

The 2013's, due out before next month will be the last of the 451's.

The MB people show little or no interest in our cars as the whole Smart operation will once again switch to new management, this time by Renault.

"There's a Twingo In Your Future" :D A2Jack

·
Registered
28 Posts
This makes me so sad. I have really loved driving my smart car. This week, I have seen the most atrocious, negligent service from a dealer ever in my life. Still, to this minute, no one from the dealership has called me back from any of the voice mails I have left. The only person I have spoken with is the receptionist.

Thursday: rear-end car accident. Called several times, no return call. sent email to manager.
Friday: called and spoke to receptionist. email from manager with some very basic response about "sharing service with their Acura dealership", no specific response to any of my other questions about my vehicle. no returned calls from manager or service.
Saturday: sent another email to manager, still never responded to. Receptionist recommended I get my car towed there. Service is closed on Sunday and Monday.
Monday: Had car towed to dealership. No contact from anyone. Called and spoke to receptionist who said my car was there.
Tuesday: no contact from service. can only get voice mail. called smart HQ, who in turn called dealership where they are told service is closed today for special training.
Wednesday: no contact from service. called and get voice mail. called smart HQ. They contact dealer who says service is out "making deliveries" and offers to forward them to service. When HQ says that service isn't returning calls, receptionist offers to walk back to service to ask them about my car's status. Received no further communication.
I call and speak to receptionist several hours later who tells me that service says they don't have my car????!!!? I ask him to please check because it was towed there Monday. Call smart HQ again. Customer service there calls and gets in touch with dealer who now says they have found the car, and that it was left on a back lot they don't check????? but someone left the interior light on and the battery needs to be jumped now. And now I am told service is out for special training all week. This is absolutely insane. I have to go more than a week before I even know if my car is beyond repair or how long I will be without a car. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

Smart HQ tells me that Phil Smart Mercedes Benz in Seattle is going to be doing smart repairs... I don't know if this is good or bad based on responses I see on the forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Smart HQ

Looks like I officially have a case manager from Smart HQ now... I hope they can help and that my car isn't disappeared on me. :-(

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I hope the case manager can get the dealer in gear and they get you the estimates you need. Either that or send you to someone who will do the necessary repairs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got a call back this afternoon from the head of the service department, who was apparently out on vacation all last week. I should hopefully have a written estimate from him tomorrow. Looks like they are no longer selling smarts at the dealership and are only doing servicing. From the conversation, it sounds like MB is internalizing the smart sales and service in order to improve their CAFE scores across their brand without having to change the statistics on their own cars. Cheaters... So, it sounds like smart will be around if only to help MB meet the new CAFE standards. The good news is they said my smart can be repaired and is not totaled...

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
That's great news about your smart Debbie, FINALLY. Wow, I can feel your frustration! That's insane.

I hope things are a lot smoother for you from this point!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Looks like I will either do whatever services I can to my car, or perhaps find a local shop to do the work....if they can get the parts. I'm due for a 50k service right now, but I don't have any desire to have to drive up to downtown Seattle & pay exorbitant prices to get the service done there. :>( It's looking like a do-it-myself oil & filters change is in my near future. :>O

21 - 40 of 52 Posts