Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello folks!

i just finished full SMART VIN decoder , my little contribution to the forum community
you can get it from google play - search for SMART VIN DECODER (there will be lost with that search, but icon is black/white with smart on it)
or from link bellow (replace xx with tt)
hxxps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rs.codemasters.smartvindecoder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what happens to my vin after I submit it? Does it get used for other purposes?:busted:
ofourse not, app is made for owners or future smart owners to get full / correct list of equipement (SA CODES) and car info - all from EPC directly (so all VIN numbers are already there)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
The codes in the VIN are pretty basic:

smart US-VIN after MB - Systematics

W 1st-3rd digit : World Manufacturer Code
M
E

E 4th digit : Model Series (Digit 1 - 3 of the smart-Baumuster)

A = 450 B = 452 E = 451

J 5th digit : Body Type (Digit 4 of the smart-Baumuster)

J = 3 (Coupé) K = 4 (Cabrio/Roadster)

3 6th-7th digit : Motor Type (Digit 5 and 6 of the smart-
1 Baumuster)

31 = 70 HP gas 3B = 70 HP gas 2010+ models
9B = Electric Drive

X 8th digit : Safety Restraint Systems

X = front/sidebags B = front/side/head/kneebags

6 9th digit : Checksum

9 10th digit : Modell Year Code

8 = 2008 9 = 2009 A = 2010 …

J 11th digit : Manufacturing Plant

J = Assembly Bldg. 04 K = Assembly Bldg. 04
L = Assembly Bldg. 23 Z = Prototypes

1 12th-17th digit : Consecutive, increasing 6-digits number
2 (sequential with the smart FIN in Europe)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Well the formatting of this document from smart was messed up here but I hope you get the gist of it. The bold digits down the left in a vertical arrangement are a sample US style VIN, and the descriptions to the right of each show the possible variations.

Not a lot comes out of a smart VIN other than the basic model, body type, engine type, restraint systems and model year. The rest is boilerplate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the formatting of this document from smart was messed up here but I hope you get the gist of it. The bold digits down the left in a vertical arrangement are a sample US style VIN, and the descriptions to the right of each show the possible variations.

Not a lot comes out of a smart VIN other than the basic model, body type, engine type, restraint systems and model year. The rest is boilerplate.
i agree, but in my app, you get FULL equipment list and color/interior paint ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's probably available to the owner anyway :wink:
heh ok, but all data in my app was only available for dealers only, and i made it public for all, like engine type/serial, transmission type/serial, delivery date, and full equipement list etc, but ofcourse, if you know all - then simply dont use it ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts