Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
Nice article; wonder why they used the 2007 EPA ratings instead of the revised 2008 numbers? :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Buying a Hummer because you're a Patriot?

He bought it, in large part, because he's a patriot.

"After 9/11, we wanted to do something that was going to help the American economy," he said. "You can't get more American than this. It was made right here in Mishawaka."

I bet his TV is a Sony, his shirts are from Malaysia, his shoes are from Mexico, and his 80% percent of his household contents are from China.

Here's the irony of this guy's statement-

He drives big gas guzzlers (Hummers, Suburbans, Denalis, F150s) because he wants to buy American. Yet these big gas guzzlers are a major reason why we are so dependent on foreign oil. Because of our dependence, we go to wars to secure the 'natural resources' in the middle east. Wars costs money, which we don't have, so we print money and borrow billions from China, which devalues our own currenty. In the meantime, we are buying stuff from China left and right and making them an economic powerhouse, while millions of these same Americans (who wants to buy American) are losing their homes.

Crazy...

I'd think I would have more respect for a guy who buys a Hummer because, "I want to look tough for the babes".

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Nice article; wonder why they used the 2007 EPA ratings instead of the revised 2008 numbers? :)
I think the H1 was phased out with the 2006 model year, so there would have been no 2008 numbers for that model. Not that negative miles per gallon would have meant anything to a Hummer driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts