Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’ve been looking at smarts for a few years. I’m looking for one in or around Tampa, FL.

Found a few on Craigslist but no one returns emails!

I’m flexible on model and year.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Now is definitely not the best time to be looking for a used car.
Because the market is so tight a lot of people are getting rid of their problem cars at a premium price.
At this time the saying "buyer beware" comes to mind.
Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Earl, ultimately I would prefer a 2016+. I drove a 2009 a few years back and didn’t like the almost stopping in between gears. The 2016 are a little more than I want to spend now. I have two other vehicles and this is really for business promotion as it will be wrapped. Probably not driven much and just bop around local town in. So it seems an older one is fitting for now and then maybe move on to a newer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Earl, ultimately I would prefer a 2016+. I drove a 2009 a few years back and didn’t like the almost stopping in between gears. The 2016 are a little more than I want to spend now. I have two other vehicles and this is really for business promotion as it will be wrapped. Probably not driven much and just bop around local town in. So it seems an older one is fitting for now and then maybe move on to a newer.
Ok get with me with any questions, my contact information is in the PM that I sent you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Check FB marketplace… there are quite a few nice ones in our area. I’m down just south of Sarasota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I’ve been looking at smarts for a few years. I’m looking for one in or around Tampa, FL.

Thank you!
Well, what year and such you looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you!
I'm in Lakeland and I have a 2013 Cabrio for sale. It has a style package that includes interior LED lights, dash pods, 3 spoke wheels and wider tires. I put a cold air intake and custom (but not loud) exhaust and Smart Madness in Texas installed a cruise control that includes a throttle controller. It has 41,000 miles and I just recently replaced the shift controller to cure some low speed surging. Works fine now. I'm asking $8900 for it.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive side-view mirror Photograph
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you!
I think I replied to your post but if not check the seller's page or call me in Lakeland. 602-931-0067

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, what year and such you looking for.
I’m flexible. It will be used a promo car so doesn’t need to be perfect as it will only be used to bob around town. I think I’m more looking for a hardtop but really all depends on price point, not looking to spend a ton just something to screw around with. Ultimately would spent more for a ‘16+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very cool color combo and I think the red top really stands out. A bit more than I’m willing to spend for what I’m looking for. GLWS.

I'm in Lakeland and I have a 2013 Cabrio for sale. It has a style package that includes interior LED lights, dash pods, 3 spoke wheels and wider tires. I put a cold air intake and custom (but not loud) exhaust and Smart Madness in Texas installed a cruise control that includes a throttle controller. It has 41,000 miles and I just recently replaced the shift controller to cure some low speed surging. Works fine now. I'm asking $8900 for it. View attachment 68845 View attachment 68846 View attachment 68847 View attachment 68850 View attachment 68850

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you!
Not sure what you are looking for but I just purchased a 2016 all gas smart pure with 36,500 miles. Great condition. I did have to lay out $1300.02 days after I bought it because the key got stuck in the ignition. Also had to replace the battery that was in the car as the dealership said it was the wrong battery. Of course the battery had died due to the key being stuck in the ignition as well. I had no idea these cars were so expensive to repair. I have had second thoughts about buying a second car after that happened. Sell for $12,500 if interested. I’m getting the windows tinted this coming Saturday. I can send pics if interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yikes!! Big cost right after you bought it! I appreciate you reaching out, but I wouldn’t be interested.
Not sure what you are looking for but I just purchased a 2016 all gas smart pure with 36,500 miles. Great condition. I did have to lay out $1300.02 days after I bought it because the key got stuck in the ignition. Also had to replace the battery that was in the car as the dealership said it was the wrong battery. Of course the battery had died due to the key being stuck in the ignition as well. I had no idea these cars were so expensive to repair. I have had second thoughts about buying a second car after that happened. Sell for $12,500 if interested. I’m getting the windows tinted this coming Saturday. I can send pics if interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts