Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO FAR IVE UNHOOKED MAP SENSOR, DID NOTHING BUT POST A CODE FOR IT. STILL NO RPMS. REPLACED PARKING PAWL SWITCH, NO CHANGE, JUMPED PAWL SWITCH, LEFT UNHOOKED, LEFT NOT PUSHED INTO THE TRANS, NO CHANGE, REPLACED TCM WITH KNOWN GOOD, TESTED WIRING TO PAWL SWITCH, CAP DISCHARGE, LUBRICATED SHIFTER MOTOR, REMOVED PAWL CABLE AND PHYSICALLY MOVED INTO UNLOCK AND STARTED IN NEUTRAL. NOTHING IS WORKING... ITS A 2011 FORTWO. ONLY MOD IS CUSTOM FRESH AIR INTAKE TUBE. NOONE I CAN CALL SEEMS TO KNOW ANYTHING AND I CANT FIND ANYTHING WITH THIS CODE ALONE. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON, CODE WILL CLEAR BUT COMES BACK AS SOON AS I GET INTO A GEAR. NEED HELP...

·
Super Moderator
29,021 Posts
The Internet has some posts on other cars where a bad MAF sensor caused this. Not saying it's the same for you but easy to check. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Am I to understand that you disconnected the sensor and noticed no change? Would that not suggest that perhaps the sensor might not be working?
no change in rpm limit. it has a rougher idle on startup then leveled itself out and then it had some hesitation on acceleration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts