Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to introduce myself. I am Cisco from SmartCar Peformance. A few of you already know me from my past threads that I have posted. I have decided to shift my business to be both manufacturer and distributor. I did this so I can expand and give the Smart community the prices that they are looking for.

If you look at my website (below), you will notice that I am offering Free Shipping for all my products. So, take a look at my website. And please feel free to give us your feedback on items that you are looking for or would like to see.

A big thanks to CubeFx for his incredible talents on creating my website

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Wow... Cube is putting out some fantastic websites!!!

<unsolicited plug>
This is a 100% standup guy that takes care of his customers.... yes, it arrived yesterday!!! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cisco -

I have a suggestion for something you might want to test. I have covered the air filter box of your cold air intake with VB-4 barrier material from Cascade Audio Engineering (the same stuff that's in SmarTenU8). It has made a noticeable reduction in the air intake noise... and because it has an "R4" thermal insulation factor, it probably helps with the cold air aspects of the intake as well.

Something like Dynomat or Fat Mat might be more suitable.

Congratulations and good luck with the new enterprise!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... Cube is putting out some fantastic websites!!!

<unsolicited plug>
This is a 100% standup guy that takes care of his customers.... yes, it arrived yesterday!!! :D
Thank You. I was lucky to find one in such good condition. It has been awhile since I sold those. I am glad you received it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cisco -

I have a suggestion for something you might want to test. I have covered the air filter box of your cold air intake with VB-4 barrier material from Cascade Audio Engineering (the same stuff that's in SmarTenU8). It has made a noticeable reduction in the air intake noise... and because it has an "R4" thermal insulation factor, it probably helps with the cold air aspects of the intake as well.

Something like Dynomat or Fat Mat might be more suitable.

Congratulations and good luck with the new enterprise!
I have not had the chance to look at it as a sound barrier. I have had suggestions to cover the pipe so the pipe stays cooler. I would have to look at the material to see how it handles in the heat of the engine compartment. Also the material that will stick to the pipe will tend to melt. I have Fat Mat on my engine cover and melts quite a bit when the engine is hot. I will have to look into that. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
theres adhesive heat barrier tape that could be wrapped around the tube, usually found at speed shops. and a clamp arraingement on the end to help secure it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres adhesive heat barrier tape that could be wrapped around the tube, usually found at speed shops. and a clamp arraingement on the end to help secure it.
Good idea. This issue is always a gray area because a lot of people really like the finish of the pipe.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hi Cisco,

Welcome as a vendor! This notice kind of slipped by me in the past couple weeks. I've got to check out your site and I wish you Good Luck with it.

Cheers,
Timo

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Cisco,

Welcome as a vendor! This notice kind of slipped by me in the past couple weeks. I've got to check out your site and I wish you Good Luck with it.

Cheers,
Timo
Thank you. I am still updating our website with new items, including our new Hyper Pipe Intake. Hopefully most of the updates will be done by the end of the week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts