Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Arizona
Smart car tour comes on 6-29-07. I got an invitation to go to the Mercedes-Benz dealer for my test drive and check it out. I have the $99 reservation and that's why I got the invatation, I think it's a great deal I won't have to stand in line they call you and set up a time. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
Let us know if they set up a time for you and how it works out... I have a feeling this might be something that they ae learning along the way and might be implementing...!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
THE SMART STREET TOUR IS SCHEDULED FOR THE 24TH TO 27TH OF JUNE IN CHICAGO, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE IN CHICAGO. IT'S A BIG PLACE. IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE E-MAIL [email protected] with THIS INFORMATION. THANKS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fairfield and Hartford CT

Anyone know were in fairfield? I have a reservation, paid my $99.00 but have not gotten an invitation:confused: smart4me

·
Registered
145 Posts
Smart Car Road Tour

I don't know about everyone else, but I had a great experience at the Mercedes-Benz of Chandler (Arizona). They are the dealership that hosted the event for those of us that have reserved a Fortwo.

To my husband and I, it looked so organized. Even my husband, who plans events for a living, was impressed.

The event was inside (with temps in the triple digits outside). Several cars on display. Everyone getting in the cars, looking them over, signing up for the test drives, talking to each other, talking to Smart Car Reps and the Dealership Reps, taking pictues, test driving, looking over the cars again and talking some more. Free bottled water for anyone that wanted one.

Also anyone driving a Fortwo could have their picture taken in the car and recieved it in a frame to put on their desk. Each one of us were given a small gift from Sirrus.

The only disappointment was that I couldn't order a Smart Fortwo that day.

Teapots

·
Registered
26 Posts
I reserved my smart in the last six weeks, and have as yet to receive an invitation for the Columbus, Ohio event yet. Too late in the game, I would imagine. I'm still on the fence about driving the two hours to get there.

I'd love to crawl underneath to get a good look at the underside, and also giver her a spin.

-MPG

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I reserved my smart in the last six weeks, and have as yet to receive an invitation for the Columbus, Ohio event yet. Too late in the game, I would imagine. I'm still on the fence about driving the two hours to get there.

I'd love to crawl underneath to get a good look at the underside, and also giver her a spin.

-MPG
don't be on the fence...GO FOR IT!!:D

Actually I wasn't aware of invitations being sent out by Smart (beyond the newsletter invitation) to attend the tour. Perhaps the one extended above to Muleguy was because the MB dealership hosted it and took the initiative?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fairfield and Hartford are this weekend per the website, correct? I also heard the Providence, RI was this weekend but the website says next. Anyone know the correct date? I would hate to head to CT if I didn't have to.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I think the tour map has been pretty accurate to date.....and they can't be at two places at one time! Hartford this weekend, Providence next!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The website is 100% accurate. We stopped by Providence first as it is closer just to make sure we didn't miss it. We then headed to CT. Unfortunately, the line was extremely long to actually drive the car, but we were able to view and sit in one of the models. We will definitely be heading to RI this coming weekend to check it out and wait to drive one of the cars.

One question, we didn't have a chance to sit in a convertible model, but did see one on a road test. Does the top fully go down or does just the top open and fold back? I'm interested in that model but would love for it to be a full convertible.

Thanks for any info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts