Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by the smartcenter North Houston today. They are finally open! I didn't talk to anyone because they were busy, but I gather they still can't sell any cars yet. They are still waiting on a license or approval or some such thing. They did have three cars on the floor to look at. They had brochures but they were still putting things on the shelves. I hope they start selling cars soon.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm so sorry! I know how some people on this forum are sticklers for spelliing and things. I just realized that I made a huge mistake on this thread title. It suppose to be "smartcenter Houston North". I don't know how to correct it. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don't have a problem with the occasional misspelling or grammar snafu. It's just when I read a post where there are seemingly more words wrong than correct that it starts to gnaw at me a bit. Usually I'll even bite my lip if it's just one post that way. But when someone continually uses misspelled words and bad grammar then I will jump in with some subtle comments. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to smartcenterhoustonnorth tomorrow to see whats what (no # yet or nothing) it's close to me & am interested in the smart :eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to smartcenterhoustonnorth tomorrow to see whats what (no # yet or nothing) it's close to me & am interested in the smart :eek:
Please say HI to Dan Driscoll. Ask him if he has his license to sell cars yet. He thought he would get it about the end of the month. I'm anxious to hear. He is my dealer. Also tell him about this website. I've told him before but I don't think he is in here yet. I think the more dealers on this forum the better. Have a good time tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got back from the North Houston center and they received their first shipment, including mine. They still don't have their license but they have 30 something cars sitting there and are expecting another 60 in the next month. Fortunately, they don't take up much space.

A lot of them are already prepped and inspected and ready to deliver. If you go visit, the black on black one with red interior is mine. Isn't it cute!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I just got back from the North Houston center and they received their first shipment, including mine. They still don't have their license but they have 30 something cars sitting there and are expecting another 60 in the next month. Fortunately, they don't take up much space.

A lot of them are already prepped and inspected and ready to deliver. If you go visit, the black on black one with red interior is mine. Isn't it cute!!!
Yours has been sitting there since January 23rd............:mad:

·
Super Moderator
28,456 Posts
Obviously not from Houston but this is nuts. Any response from smart usa or PAG on why the delay? Not having the car at port is one thing, but having it at the smart center with them not able to sell??? A new business model indeed. :confused:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as I know the situation has not changed. I think when they finally do get their license to sell they will have a lot of orphans. This is suppose to be my dealer and I fear that this mess is needlessly delaying my confirmation. The dealer is no longer responding to my e-mails. :mad:

·
Registered
172 Posts
As far as I know the situation has not changed. I think when they finally do get their license to sell they will have a lot of orphans. This is suppose to be my dealer and I fear that this mess is needlessly delaying my confirmation. The dealer is no longer responding to my e-mails. :mad:
Thanks for the info. If this is the case can we switch dealers? I just configured 2 weeks ago. I figure they they should be selling by the time its time for me to take delivery, but you never know??????

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only time I'm aware that you can possible change dealers is when you confirm your reservation. I have not had the fortune of doing that yet. I don't know if it would be better to change dealers or not. I would like to ask this question to someone how would be able to answer the question. Unfortunately I can't find that person. I live right in between two dealers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yay! The smart dealer in Houson just got their license to sell today! They are waiting for plates to come in tomorrow...now its just a matter of time!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea!!!! My dealer can finally sell cars. All I can say is "It's about time"!!!! :D
Now we have two dealers open in town. Now if I can just get my confirmation and all will be well with the world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked mine up and the dealership was terrific, definitely worth the wait. Rachel, Alfred and Dan are terrific. So far they have delivered 10 cars in two days.

Mine arrived on February 21 not in January. The wait was annoying but I have wanted one since they were introduced in Europe so an extra few weeks was no big deal, it is still the first one on the block.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts