Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put a down payment on my smartCar (2008 Passion Red/Black with 4,XXX miles)....

Thinking forward, I am wondering which smartCenter to take it to. The car is in Kansas City and I can take it to either KC, Tulsa or Creve Coeur.

I am looking for the best one, of course, and one that historically isn't the most expensive one for regular interval services.

Can I have you recommendations/experiences? It is much appreciated.

donsgal

· Registered
389 Posts
I have just put a down payment on my smartCar (2008 Passion Red/Black with 4,XXX miles)....

Thinking forward, I am wondering which smartCenter to take it to. The car is in Kansas City and I can take it to either KC, Tulsa or Creve Coeur.

I am looking for the best one, of course, and one that historically isn't the most expensive one for regular interval services.

Can I have you recommendations/experiences? It is much appreciated.

donsgal
that seems like a big area - why take it to a dealer? since you have time to look around - why not do a little research and see if you can find an independent Mercedes or German repair/service shop more conveniently located? Probably cost you less also. If they have the Mercedes "Star" diagnostic computer system it should be able to talk to your car. Then it's just a matter of evaluation - are they interested in working on a smart [perhaps you'll find someone who already has] and are you interested in having them do the work.

· Registered
2,224 Posts
For what it's worth, I've taken my Cabrio to both Tulsa and Creve Coeur last summer, on my June trip home along Route 66. Both service departments did their utmost to be helpful to a couple of wayward wanderers on their way across the USA who were having difficulties...

FWIW, I suspect Tulsa might (I say again: *might*) be a little cheaper than Creve Coeur, since Creve Coeur has historically been affiliated with a Benz dealership and Tulsa is a new dealer alliance, but OTOH Creve Coeur will also already have all the bugs worked out of the M-B/smart parts & service systems, where Tulsa may still be feeling some growing pains.

I have no experience with the KC dealerships, regretfully, but OTOH I do know where to go in downtown KC get a decent pint of beer.

· OTD3 lifetime Member
2,976 Posts
The Tulsa Smart Center has been affiliated with a MB Dealer (Jackie Cooper) since they opened back in 2008 the same time as all the smart dealers opened under Penske. I'm not sure why Rigger thinks they are newer than that.
We purchased our smart from the Tulsa Smart center and have had them work on our car. We have been happy their service department.

BTW when I talked to the sales people at Tulsa Smart Center yesterday she said that they are 2nd in the US in sales right now. Go Tulsa!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.