Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean? When I close the trunk the latch won't lock. Tell me You had the same problem, please please please!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o.k. my problem is that when I push the trunk to close it the lock is not activating. I have tried the key fob, pushing really really hard, and sticking my finger in the holes where the latches are to make sure they aren't froze

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep and I cannot get it to latch closed. The latch is not making the noise it makes when you connect it. Also I put my fingers in the latch holes and the latch is not frozen. HELP it snowed and I cannot get my trunk to stay closed. Someone just please tell me I don't have to drive 60 miles to Knoxville, with my trunk taped shut to get this fixed!!!!

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Yep and I cannot get it to latch closed. The latch is not making the noise it makes when you connect it. Also I put my fingers in the latch holes and the latch is not frozen. HELP it snowed and I cannot get my trunk to stay closed. Someone just please tell me I don't have to drive 60 miles to Knoxville, with my trunk taped shut to get this fixed!!!!
Woaw! Call your Dealer ASAP, before they close. Not for a visit, but for a remote fix...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Other latch issue

the little latch on the left side of my smart came loose, now I can't open the back hatchback, anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I have to go to the dealer. This is when a warranty is awesome. In the mean time a bungee cord is my gate lock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts