Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is a post I had hoped to never make, but the time has come. Due to life changes, and other interests, I am stepping down as President of Smarties of Indiana. I let the group know my intentions the beginning of October, and at that time asked for someone willing to step up and lead the group on. Unfortunately, that has not happened. My fear is that our group will cease to exist as of December 31st.

I have enjoyed my tenure, and have made a lot of really great friends over the past 5 years. I still love my smart, and plan on keeping it for a long time yet. I will still be checking in on a regular basis, and will try and be a worthwhile contributor, but new things have taken priority, and I am following those to where they lead.

I hope to still make it to a few smart events over the next few years as time and finances allow. I want to thank each and every one of you who have welcomed me, and been my friends through this wonderful trip that is smart ownership. :thanks_smile:

·
Super Moderator
28,251 Posts
Very sorry to hear that but hopeful one of the committed (as opposed to needing to be committed) Indiana owners will step up and keep the group going. :)

PS - come over and join us in Ohio for the April Fools run!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I hope we won't see any less of you here. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and learn of your smart applied engineering knowledge and expertise upon our first meeting on my first tail of the dragon event. Your willingness to tackle challenges and then share the results is most appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very sorry to hear that but hopeful one of the committed (as opposed to needing to be committed) Indiana owners will step up and keep the group going. :)

PS - come over and join us in Ohio for the April Fools run!
Your April Fools event is one I've wanted to come to every year, and it just hasn't worked out so far. Maybe next year? I appreciate the offer, and will see what I can work out.

I hope we won't see any less of you here. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and learn of your smart applied engineering knowledge and expertise upon our first meeting on my first tail of the dragon event. Your willingness to tackle challenges and then share the results is most appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich
Thanks Rich, it was great to meet you as well. I hope to still be a contributor, and as always feel free to PM me with any questionsyou may have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And i just got here two :). got my 451 just 2 weeks ago. hope to be going to events even if they are national ones, would love to meet some other 'smarties'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts