Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2009 Passion Cabriolet
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm always checking the background of movies etc for familiar locations or Smart Cars. Today I was researching dash cams and watched a video review of a camera on Amazon. Lo and behold the car he was using to demonstrate was no other than our favorite little scoot.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Does anyone else share my passion for backgrounds and seeing a ForTwo ?

· Registered
9,956 Posts
14 years ago, I looked for the little car.
if you go to You tube. City driving, in Paris, Rome. It fun see them all over the cities.

Matt drove an old Mini Cooper,
in that Movie.

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle

Russell Crowe drove a little smart car in one of his movies. He hated it.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

· Registered
2009 Passion Cabriolet
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Not Happy Valley.... love the Expendables cameo, tho not exactly background, more like supporting actor!
Hint: ever notice that seaside towns paint their houses wild colours:
Car Wheel Cloud Tire Sky

No... not shot in Charleston SC

· Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
575 Posts
I might be wrong, but it was one of a couple BBC programs that I recently binge watched...
I want to say that was on "Hope Street" (on Britbox).
Or it may have been "The Clinic" (on AcornTV).
Whatever show it was, I saw that car many, many times, as they kept running the same B-Roll piece and I thought... "Does that car ever move?"

Jim

· Registered
2009 Passion Cabriolet
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might be wrong, but it was one of a couple BBC programs that I recently binge watched...
I want to say that was on "Hope Street" (on Britbox).
Or it may have been "The Clinic" (on AcornTV).
Whatever show it was, I saw that car many, many times, as they kept running the same B-Roll piece and I thought... "Does that car ever move?"

Jim
No more calls please. We have a winner!
It was Hope Street and I had the same thought.... it was the same piece repeated in S2E9 and in S2E10.

· Registered
2009 Passion Cabriolet
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wondered when you'd find that... :)
It's tough sharing space with those more aware and smarter than me. I don't have "14 years" of experience to support my musings on a car new to me.

I remember back in the day while running a forum for FirstGen Chargers that, newbies on one hand were enthusiastic and energetic, and on the other hand their questions and observations had been answered before many times over the years. Thanks for your patience, tolerance and understanding.

:)(obligatory smilie to ensure humor and positive vibes)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts