Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to see an Illinois chapter on here now! We are driving our passion coupe that we picked up 9/30, and sure do like being a 2 car household again.

We have seen a yellow/black cabrio and a red/black cabrio around town, and another blue/silver one. Does anyone else in the Springfield area navigate to this site?

Ours is blue/black, and we sure do like the 38/45 gas mileage!

We picked this one up at Plaza Motors in Creve Coeur, MO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Springfield will have one more Smart passion coupe

Hi, Phil, this is JC form Rochester, I just set my production order last week for my white w/black tridon coupe. Test drove one in St. Louis in Mar'08, and reserved at same time, man what a wait!! Allready planning in putting EIBACH springs and cat-back exhaust asap. Usually I drive my sunshine yellow '76 MGB. That will change when the Smart arrives, Stay out of the cold. JC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was one white/silver Passion coupe that brought a chuckle when he drove by. I was taking my daughter down to the train station and saw that one drive past us at one of the traffic lights downtown. It has a wind-up key on the back!

My son-in-law was saying that he has seen a lot more of them around the St Louis area where they live. I have also heard on the news that the smarts are about the only cars with steady sales this year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello everyone, JC here from Rochester, I just go the call, my White w/black passion coupe is in St. Louis, and I am picking it up tomorrow!! They gave me a $ 300.00 deduct if I pick it up before the end of the month!! After 14 months, and 9 days, finally, that is an awful long time for my patience, but I know it will be worth it. See you on the road soon. JC

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I live in evansville and have a red/black cabrio .It is probably the only one in Randolph county that I know of.I know that if I go anywhere local, everyone That knows me tells me where I've been, sometimes even before I know!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey, JC; Great to hear that your smart came in! Ours took 14 months to come in too. I would have to look up the submission date to get the number of days, but it was very close to your waiting period.

We saw a white smart downtown by the Amtrak station when we were taking our daughter downtown to pick up the Chicago bound train last fall. That one had a wind-up key on the back in rotation mode!

Chumly, on the tracking, I know what you mean about everyone knowing where you have been! A lot of people seem to keep track of a blue smart on the west side of Springfield that heads north in the evening.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2 weeks of fun!

I've had the Smart passion Coupe for two weeks, great fun, handed out about a dozen flyers on the car. I know of a blue/blk coupe in Rochester, that was bought used from Green Hundai recently. I'll have to leave a card where they park to see if they would like to get together for ride or? Maybe organize a Smart Car evening at Knight's action park drive-in? What is your thoughts? JC

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everybody, We are in central ill north of neoga Il. We have a 2009 cabrio White and black would be really cool for a group of us to have a meet and greet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on here for a while due to senior care and getting our mom into a nursing home. If you haven't been down that road yet, the paperwork involved is something else! I'm just sending some forms out tomorrow along with several attachments.

I'm all for a get-together somewhere around town. Maybe a meet-up at one of the many restaurants around town, and then to Knights? We're open to ideas.

Something else that could be done would be to enter the smarts in the Route 66 Festival held in September. There's always a drive the Friday before with all of the vehicles that have entered it. Here is a link to the site for more information: International Route 66 Mother Road Festival

The registration doesn't seem to be cheap, but I haven't been one with anything to take to a car show before myself!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another Smart in Springfield

Hello. We just picked up our blue/silver Passion yesterday in Creve Coure. It was intresting driving back from St Louis but it has been fun so far. We decided to do a cash for clunkers and get our Smart now from what they had in stock.

Where do you buy the windup key? We love it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will be great seeing another smart in the Springfield area! There is another smart-a white one-around town with a windup key on it. You can order those from WindupKey.com. They make them for several different cars. We have a hitch on the back of ours for a bike rack, so we're foregoing the key.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Like to say hello to the Springfied and surrounding Smarties. I'am Barney O. from Shelbyville IL. Been to Springfield and saw some of your rides. I used to be Blue on Black, But with the magic of a friend I'm now Orange on Black. The route 66 idea sounds cool. Gotta run, Barney O.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1000 miles in a little over 2 weeks

We had a 4 day weekend and went driving our blue/silver passion all over central Illinois. We went to Peoria twice (had it up to 85 mph when passing), went over to Hannibal, MO to try the hills, and went down to Taylorville. It's been fun but we will probably keep it in town now. At least that's what we bought it for. The 66 event sounds fun but we have already promised to help the Peoria Park District with a Harry Potter event that weekend. Maybe someone can pick someplace another weekend we could meet at.

:) Bob

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Hi guys. Just in case you didn't notice, I 'stole' your link to this Route 66 event. Looks pretty cool. :cool:

I posted it under the "Midwest Region" to get some more exposure. Maybe some of us Hoosier nuts would like to participate too. We'll see.

My wife and I were lucky enough to meet IN PERSON "Barney O" a couple weeks ago in STL. Hope to meet up with a few of you sometime as well.

BTW, you're always welcome at any of the Indiana Chapter events. We're only 3 1/2 to 4 hours away.......:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Barney O we r from Gays would love to meet up some time. Cool color love the orange. we have a white / black passion cabrio.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Hi guys. Just in case you didn't notice, I 'stole' your link to this Route 66 event. Looks pretty cool. :cool:

I posted it under the "Midwest Region" to get some more exposure. Maybe some of us Hoosier nuts would like to participate too. We'll see.

My wife and I were lucky enough to meet IN PERSON "Barney O" a couple weeks ago in STL. Hope to meet up with a few of you sometime as well.

BTW, you're always welcome at any of the Indiana Chapter events. We're only 3 1/2 to 4 hours away.......:D

BP, Got the big skins on yur ride?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Smart car meet @ governor's car show sept. 12th

I WOULD SUGGEST THE GOVERNOR'S CAR SHOW AT MEJIER'S PARKING LOT SEPT. 12TH, LESS COST AND A BETTER EVENT. HERE ARE THE E-MAILS OF VARIOUS SMARTS I'VE FOUND IN THE AREA
[email protected] T'ville red coupe
[email protected] rochester blue coupe
[email protected] sprngfiled blue coupe

I have a lead on the owner of a yellow coupe running around Springfield, will post it when I talk to them. Keep 'em on the road John Collins, '09 white/blk Passion coupe. '76 MGB

1 - 20 of 133 Posts