Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Interesting patent drawings. However, we should all take this with caution. Many large companies will patent many things just to cover themselves. In the USA at least, patent lawsuits have proved to be VERY lucrative for many "companies" that just patent lots of things.

A lot of times companies will patent things just to protect themselves.

Having typed all of that, I really do hope this true! I'd love to see a roadster and a forfour come back into the Smart lineup. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some may want to lynch me for saying this, but I never really admired any of Smart's other models besides the fortwo. The roadster competed too closely to other low slung sleds like the Mazda Miata and the forfour was never that great looking.

Now if they packed a 1.4L turbocharged 4 or 3 banger into the thing pumping out around 150HP + then my fortwo may have to move over to make room for one of those in the garage if we ever see it. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found the TheRoadster.net site. :)

I think it would be neat to make a new roadster based on the Saturn Sky.

I am hoping Penske is reading this (Penske - IIRC - is buying Saturn? and importing Smarts?).

Saturn Sky
I doubt we'll see any smart / Saturn collaborations. Someone asked Dave about it at the dinner we had during dragon event and he made it abundantly clear that Saturn and smart are to stay completely separate brands with no chance of of a partnership or collaboration between them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts