Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can anyone explain to me how the shifting works with the Smartzuki kit? I'm very intrieged right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wait a minute there ChickenFeet....is that for the 451? I just looked all through the Smartuki website and I didn't see any support for the 451. Please give more details.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its for the 450... the shifting is 1 up 5 back and there is a rev gear that acts with 1st for reverse

I will update pic soon - but you are in LA call me you can check it out

Also Smartuki is working on the 451 now for a 1300cc swap -
Eric 818-968-9494

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cool..

Is this the 'Busa motor or the GSX1100 motor? Are you supplying your own engine or did you get one of theirs?

Are the UK engines identical to the US ones? I'd be worried about parts.

I'd bet the new B-king engine would be the ultimate smart booster. A little more torque than the 'Busa version.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cosmart, the Smartuki website says it is designed for a K1/K2 or K3/K4 GSXR1000 motor.

Once I receive my car I will definitely be looking into this and give you a call Eric. A 1300 will really get the 451 moving. My biggest concern right now is how to install it. I think this is beyong my capabilities mainly because I do not have a capable garage right now. Are you going to attempt the conversion yourself or do you know of a shop preferabley in SoCal?

Also, I noticed the new rear suspension has disc brakes. Is this an included conversion?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cosmart, the Smartuki website says it is designed for a K1/K2 or K3/K4 GSXR1000 motor.

Once I receive my car I will definitely be looking into this and give you a call Eric. A 1300 will really get the 451 moving. My biggest concern right now is how to install it. I think this is beyong my capabilities mainly because I do not have a capable garage right now. Are you going to attempt the conversion yourself or do you know of a shop preferabley in SoCal?

Also, I noticed the new rear suspension has disc brakes. Is this an included conversion?

Yes brakes comes with the conv. - I will not be doing this myself only becasue of time, I have a really good install guy(s) in Van Nuys
I went with the k2 motor only because it was the quickest find with wireharness and ecu...
Here are some pics of my other project :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW - car car will run cleaner than stock - I am not try'n to change the idea of owning a Smart Car I just hate when people ride my ass all the way up the 5 freeway - I should (key word) should still get around - 30 mpg now this pretty good... right now im getting arounf 32 only because of hi-speed driving (80mph) My T-Rex gets around 27 Mpg but im always on the floor with that thing :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to hijack the thread or anything ... but OMG I want that 3-wheeler. Just can't afford it.

And NOS? How fast is that thing?

238hp 10 lbs of boost 290hp on the bottle = useless way to much power for street use... Its very violent when it comes onto boost I can get the thing to pitch sidewayz 1st - 5 gear - But my Smart Get allot more looks and about the same amount of questions :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
have you looked into the yamaha FJR1300? My dad has one with the sequential manual tranny. I was thinking that could be pretty cool.

·
Registered
38 Posts
"Also Smartuki is working on the 451 now for a 1300cc swap"
Sweet!

hey can i come have a look at the stuff they sent you?
have you found a 450 and started on the swap yet?

"This will only be a street car for a yr or so"
then what?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Also Smartuki is working on the 451 now for a 1300cc swap"
Sweet!

hey can i come have a look at the stuff they sent you?
have you found a 450 and started on the swap yet?

"This will only be a street car for a yr or so"
then what?
Im free when ever you need me to be Im in Burbank
I have a 450 ready for the swap we will start on thurs or fri

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Started the swap today :) It only took about 2.5 hrs to remove the stock motor and sub-frame I will add pics later -

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good luck with the swap. Sorry I never called about the T-Rex, but my wife gave me THAT look when I again brought up my attraction to it. Thought it better that I not think of the T-Rex for a while :rolleyes: .

1 - 20 of 71 Posts