Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
eco-friendly. high mpg smart cars. smart USA

It's about time they updated that drag of a site...

Wait, I thought it was over 90% recyclable?
For those of us with incredibly slow internet access (living in a rural environment has its drawbacks), all the bells and whistles (and flash, etc.) takes nearly FOR-EVER to load up. Some of the site will not upload at all!

I wish that some people would understand, when revamping a website that not EVERYONE in the universe has broad band access and make a low-bandwidth option for us.

Fortunately, however, I don't go to that site much anyway, since I already have my little smartie.

donsgal

643 Posts
Perhaps not everybody can access the extra graphics and images. Try smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo for the full site that is easier to load.

The new site is much improved, does a better job of explaining what the smart fortwo is all about. And it will coincide with the television campaigns coming soon, so I'm in favor of the new marketing. The prior website design was stale and didn't attract much attention. :cool:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Hey, Thanks for the heads up on the site update. They even used a pic of my better half, Priscilla S, and Max with his rack & roll trailer and kayaks at Eagle Lake, Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, ME. Max is in with a few other notable smarts located in the looks section. I emailed them the pic and signed the releases last week.

Bruce Sawyer
Dunnellon, FL

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! :) My car appears twice on the looks page, but with different panels and wheels...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sadly, the message base appears to still be the same old thing...
I think they've done a pretty decent job of emphasising the fortwo's main virtues: fun, efficient, safe, eco-friendly, customisable, and a relatively large amount of cargo capacity in a compact package. Not sure what more they could have highlighted. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I think they've done a pretty decent job of emphasising the fortwo's main virtues: fun, efficient, safe, eco-friendly, customisable, and a relatively large amount of cargo capacity in a compact package. Not sure what more they could have highlighted. :confused:

I'm not complaining about the sales site - it is the message board (smartusainsider.com) that needs some new software.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
I lost most interest in the site when I realized it allows multiple users to utilize precisely the same user name. For an example, search user name "Robert". You will find sixteen different members using the same handle. That's nutz.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts