Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Interesting that they point out the social aspect of the car. Would've been nice if they would have mentioned SCoA. But we're not affiliated with smart or Mecedes.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,675 Posts
Interesting that they point out the social aspect of the car. Would've been nice if they would have mentioned SCoA. But we're not affiliated with smart or Mecedes.
Stretchmobile, I would agree that the "amazing community" of smart owner/enthusiasts is more far reaching than just social media.
Best of all, smart enthusiasts are a social bunch. Driving and loving this unbig car connects you with an amazing community. Keep in touch with us via Facebook, Twitter and our owner's blog, smart USA insider
As an owner for four years I don't think I am "the only exception" among smart enthusiasts when I say I do not embrace Facebook, Twitter nor sUSAi.

Yes we are a "social bunch" but why not feature some of the social events organized by owners and smart Centers around the U.S. some of which have become annual events by that "wild and crazy" bunch of smart owners?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
No fb nor twitter account here. Not sure I ever heard of smart USA insider. Can't be bothered to google "smart USA insider"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't like facebook, toooooo much drama, twitter? instantgram? Who's got time for all that nonsense. What's wrong with talking to people, must you text everyone? Personally, if you don't make the effort to talk to me or write to me, I don't have time for your foolish self.

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
One thing that Insider does, which absolutely NO other forum which I am aware of, is allow MULTIPLE users to have the same exact user name. It's absurd, and why I dumped Insider years ago.

Why would anyone want to participate in a forum where 12 people might have the same exact username (unlimited actually) as you do?

That's just insane.

Screw them.

·
Super Moderator
28,698 Posts
FWIW, the demographics of SCoA are apparent in most of these posts. Like it or not, smart USA is using every social media outlet they can to reach potential customers and there are a lot of them out there that don't frequent traditional sites like this one. There's a good mention of this year's Outsmarting the Dragon on smartusainsider.com - but I'm guessing most people here missed it. Did you know SCoA has a Facebook page - I didn't but there is one.

To each his or her own, but there is a lot of smart chatter out there if you make the effort to find it. IMHO, if it helps the smart brand I'm all for it. :)

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I doubt I've logged into sUSAinsider in two years... Lost interest in them, and it was a dead zone last time I was there. Virtually no activity what so ever. Plus it's a social networking site, so I can't access it during the day...

I'm not a social butterfly, and that's about all sUSAinsider is good for. No tech, no good info, just chat...

I have a facebook account, but I maybe get on there once a month, and that's just to check on a few friends. I don't get the whole " let's expose our every move" thing on facebook. I don't need to know you're at the movies, or just left the bathroom...>:D Why do people think they need to post that kind of stuff???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts