Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smart will be at SXSW in Austin, TX March 9-15. who's going?

https://www.sxsw.com/sponsors/smart/

tiny house of smart, Palm Park
Seven days of intelligent diversions and cutting-edge music performances at the Tiny house of smart from March 9–15.

tiny cube of smart, Hilton Hotel
smart showcases its successful smart urban pioneers startup program and presents revolutionary ideas of how to make city life easier and enrich our urban lives. Come by and connect, share ideas or simply recharge from March 9–12.

smart @ SXSW Trade Show, Austin Convention Center
Explore smart’s vision of the future at the Austin Convention Center and meet the finalists of the
smart urban pioneers idea contest from March 11–14. These enterprising minds will share solutions for some of our greatest challenges and their ideas for making urban future brighter.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In September 2017, Mercedes-Benz organized the first ever me Convention in cooperation with SXSW during the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) in Germany. Following the success of the event, Mercedes-Benz is taking the next step: together with smart, they’re bringing the me Convention experience to SXSW 2018.

From March 9–15, 2018, the me Convention will be co-hosting the SXSW programmed content in the Intelligent Future Track at Fairmont Hotel, providing a platform for those shaping our future to #createthenew .

The main hub, however, will be at the iconic Palm Park. Excellent hospitality in a stylish environment provides the ideal setting for networking, meetings, and an open discussion about our future. Whether you want to dive in or just kick back and relax, you can experience the spirit of the me Convention right here in Austin with live streams, speakers, food courts, yoga sessions, and workshops in a festival-like atmosphere.

Additionally, smart will be providing SXSW visitors with a spot for urban innovation and relaxation. Don’t let the world pass you by! Catch seven days of electric discovery and intelligent diversions in the “tiny house of smart” at Palm Park. At the Hilton Hotel you can find the “tiny cube of smart” where smart showcases its successful “smart urban pioneers” startup program aiming to make city life easier.

Join the conversation – together we can shape the future!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This I want to see:

smart fortwo disco ball installation: A spectacular installation on 6th Street / Trinity Street: The smart fortwo disco ball as part of unique artwork creates sparkling moments, March 9 -17.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,760 Posts
So, we can take it smart will be offering the ED in the Texas market.....?
I'm guessing NO!

Austin, TX - "Inventory (0) There are no dealers with inventory nearby. We apologize for the inconvenience."
:shrug:

https://www.smartusa.com/find-a-dealer?zipCode=78701

Appears that Sugarland (Houston), TX may still be a selling dealer BUT they are 165 miles away (100+ miles beyond range) and have no inventory?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing NO!

Austin, TX - "Inventory (0) There are no dealers with inventory nearby. We apologize for the inconvenience."
:shrug:

https://www.smartusa.com/find-a-dealer?zipCode=78701

Appears that Sugarland (Houston), TX may still be a selling dealer BUT they are 165 miles away (100+ miles beyond range) and have no inventory?

Sugarland is sold out of cars on the lot it appears but dealers can always buy cars from other dealers and ship them in. Sugarland will be getting 4 coupes and 3 convertibles soon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another one:

"A splendid visual spectacle is in town from March 10 to March 13. The locally emission free smart fortwo is placed in a giant transparent ball and rolls through Austin. Watch out!"

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
As Austin, TX was the launch city for the North American rollout of Car2Go 8 years ago, perhaps there remains some synergy that can be applied to Daimler's smart vision EQ fortwo and a future rollout?

"smart's mission is to inspire people with simple yet intelligent urban mobility solutions. More innovation. More individuality. More joy of life." :spots:

SXSW is Millennial centric, thus I doubt many of our SCoA friends & family will be in attendance?

At the end of the day, this really isn't about "selling" smarts. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
This I want to see:

smart fortwo disco ball installation: A spectacular installation on 6th Street / Trinity Street: The smart fortwo disco ball as part of unique artwork creates sparkling moments, March 9 -17.
So you have returned from SXSW and no smart pix? :shrug:

Another one:

"A splendid visual spectacle is in town from March 10 to March 13. The locally emission free smart fortwo is placed in a giant transparent ball and rolls through Austin. Watch out!"
No reports from SXSW of our smart future??? :shrug:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few photos.
Anybody who follows my dealership on Instagram (smartElectricLynnfield) has already seen these either in the posts or story.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you have returned from SXSW and no smart pix? :shrug:

No reports from SXSW of our smart future??? :shrug:
Nothing new to report that SCOA members weren't already aware of.

Future production smart cars will be rebranded as smart EQ fortwo. Brand is staying in USA and will be EV-only here now, and worldwide in a few years.

The whole "ev-only" thing was news to a lot of people who don't follow the brand closely but people seemed to agree that it is the future.

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
Here are a few photos.
Anybody who follows my dealership on Instagram (smartElectricLynnfield) has already seen these either in the posts or story.
Sorry, "old school" here thus not much of a Social Media "follower" - do like the smart in a Hamster Ball. Thanks for sharing! :bigthumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts