Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But hey, most of us already know this.....:mad:

I did a full site search and click through about every area and link this AM and finally got peed off enough to drop this in their "contact us" box:

A lot of us log into this site at least once a week. It is frustrating that the various pages are not frequently updated. It is also disconcerting that the latest status and new information is not available on this site.

Example... Roger Pensky's recent (Oct/Nov) news releases...Last you have "In the News" is July stuff

Example #2 Road show completions and inaccurate location info.... Moot now I know, because it is history but it is an example of incomplete or inaccurate info...

Example #3 There is no Warranty info to be found

Example #4 There is no info on current status of second level "confirmation invite to configure"

Example #5 Zero info about the news letters.... I became an Insider on 30 April... To date I have received newsletters 8,9, and 10.... It would be nice to know what was in numbers 1 through 7.... perhaps many of my concerns and questions were answered already. Missing e-mails is an important concern because we know that if we miss the "second invite to configure" because of some e-mail glitch we and you have problems

I know you are manning the 800 number and disseminating a lot of info every day that way....

Don't you think if you posted more current info and FAQs on this web site that you might reduce the call center overhead?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Perhaps a month-or-so ago I logged onto the smartUSA site and immediately got a popup invitation to fill out a survey. The survey was all about the quality and usefullness of the smartUSA webpage. Needless to say, I took the opportunity to wirebrush them for lack of quantity and timely information.

Did anyone else get the invitation to complete the survey??

One thing I found out on the phone is that the call-in reps are specifically denied any access to the status of confirmation invitations.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree with you guys. I keep thinking that they will change their website soon but it doesn't happen. The Canadian web-site is much better and has alot more information. I hope the USA website will be more like that. E-mailing them is equally dissatisfying. They never tell you any information but say to ask them anything. What good does it do to ask questions when they don't give any answers?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Chances are you'll see a major change in the site starting on January 1st (or there abouts). Despite lack of up-to-date information, it has the info it needs right now: enough to get a person interested. The detail-oriented people (like us) are a drop-in-the-bucket, and you don't see that type of information on most car websites.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Propes

Sorry ...while I think I know what you mean--- it sounds like the 35 thousand of us who rapidly sent 99 dollars 99X35,000= $3,465,000
are just a "drop in the bucket" ??

PAG and IB have not kept up their end of the bargain as far as I am concerned....

We have showed our good faith with cash money...all we are asking is more and better INFORMATION!! No one out here is expressing any unreasonable expectations...IMO

Well that is not true, I think we all are universally disappointed in the 2/24 warranty issue

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree that they could offer more information to the many people that have a genuine interest in their product. I would think they wouldn't want to lose prospective customers because they dropped the ball in keeping people updated when all they need to do is update their website.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Actually, I'm just referring to those of us on this site, and people who would if they knew about it.

This is what we were told: We'd have dealership announcements on January 1st or earlier. We'd be contacted to re-confirm our $99 reservations, and once there were official dealers, we'd be contacted when the cars are about ready to arrive.

So far, no breach of faith on my part. The website was more important to PAG during the roadshow, because it was the primary method of getting information out to potential buyers, and even then, the important stuff was model, features, price, and how to reserve. That's still the most important function of the website, but now the best and easiest method of distributing information is via the mass media, now that the press event's been had.

I think we'd all like more information, but the reality is that we're all going to have to be more patient. If things still look the same after the first week of January, you have my permission (like you need it) to flame away. :)

Propes

Sorry ...while I think I know what you mean--- it sounds like the 35 thousand of us who rapidly sent 99 dollars 99X35,000= $3,465,000
are just a "drop in the bucket" ??

PAG and IB have not kept up their end of the bargain as far as I am concerned....

We have showed our good faith with cash money...all we are asking is more and better INFORMATION!! No one out here is expressing any unreasonable expectations...IMO

Well that is not true, I think we all are universally disappointed in the 2/24 warranty issue

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm with Fred on this. The website did not really follow up very well. We found most of the latest stuff thru our great eyes and ears right hear at SCOA. Thank goodness for our team. We still know more than most guys selling the cars. LOL :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well maybe I read too much into the "contract" between PAG and Internet Brands (IB) that was linked to earlier....

I see no reason why IB or PAG should NOT have the "In the News" section current---

I see no reason why there is NOT ONE mention in any way on/in the site about the new car warranty---

I see no reason why the info on the road show, when you hover over a location, is incomplete of completely wrong---

If some of you see these errors as OK, normal, or reasonable-- then you have a lower expectation then I do....

While I have never personally met Roger Pensky, I have been at two events when he talked.... he sounded like a smart business man, extremely knowledgeable about human nature, and a rational pragmatic thinker.... I have a hard time accepting that he is this "hands off" with one of his major business ventures...

THE SMARTUSA web site IS PAG's one and only outlet for the official release of info--- each letter and note from them to us recommends to check back frequently for info and news

Ommitting any archive or link to all of the news letters is a giant sin in my opinion

Re--- the knowing more then a dealer sales person....

While generally true that most older car/truck buyers tend to know more about a specific product..(I always do) at least the sales staff usually has a better understanding then the public about company info, order times, available programs, warranty issues, etc...

In this case I understand the lack of knowledge of the direct sales staff.... We have info that the GM or head sales gurus for each potential dealership are just now completing all the regional or national meetings and briefings they attended.. We know that NO dealer technical training has happened yet and we know that no official release of selected dealers has happened

We can also assume several of the dealers were "in the know" early, because many have expended capitol to start building Smart Centers---Thus it is obvious they were told, under threat of some sort, to NOT release any info until Papa PAG does the official anouncment... fully understandable from my perspective

·
Registered
81 Posts
Question: Would you prefer to have information given to you , given out on the internet, that after a day or week, or even late next month, was retracted or changed or updated?

Isn't the correct information more important that getting something out there that is not yet final? A month out from the launch, you have to know things are getting changed around last minute, updates are in the works, etc...

Like stated above, January 1st is the target date.. let's give them till then before jumping off the ship. What is going to happen in 30 days +/- that will make you change your mind about owning a SMART?

Steve

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Steve I can think of several things that have me a tad bit concerned about INVESTING around 17 thousand dollars....

The warranty is a BIG issue
The delivery scheme is a BIG issue

The fact that I was "invited" to participate and gave Cash up front and told to watch the SmartUSA site for current updates.

In good faith I did just that... The only reason I am am member here is the Smart USA site went dark some time ago and I searched for more info

When I go to the Official site I find incomplete info, missing data that is public knowledge, and road show locations and dates that are completely wrong. This is a serious concern

Should I have to peruse several sites and google search to find what was in the news letters I never received?

I have good contact info and received my confirmation that they got my $99---- instantly!

MONTHS later, I got my first News Letter as #8 then #9 then #10... So what happened to 1 through 7? Where is number 11? Will there be a lease program? What are the extended warranty tiers? How Much do they cost?

I will not be in a good mood to find out, after waiting OVER a year, that reliability issues with a first year car, a meager warranty, and late next year delivery all add up to moving on and asking for my $99 back...

All this frustration that could have easily been relieved with good information. I don't think what we are asking is unreasonable or unknown...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts