Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is a new one at least for me .. running down the road an turned on the AC a moment or so later i have a smell in the car like when a vacuum cleaner throws a belt and there is now smoke rolling up from under the seats .... I pulled over popped the engine cover no smoke ??? now very confused i check the belts no sign of slipping or dragging ..is it possible the AC compressor is starting to go out ?? and it froze up for just long enough to cause some smoke n burnt rubber smell

is my compressor on its death bed ??

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Your AC accessory belt, might be leaving this earth. That’s the smell your describing. Jack up the rear of your car. Remove you right hand rear tire. Take off the belt cover, and take a look. See if the belt, is frayed along the edges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your AC accessory belt, might be leaving this earth. That’s the smell your describing. Jack up the rear of your car. Remove you right hand rear tire. Take off the belt cover, and take a look. See if the belt, is frayed along the edges.
Smark thank you I believe you are right it seems I may have to hold a brief service for the soon to be departed belt of AC it was a good belt that brought me comfort in times of sweltering heat ....Time to bring on the new generation because no AC is No Bueno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts