Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - it's not too clear to me online...

The snowboard attachment (A451 840 0291) for the OEM base rack system - does it hold 1 or 2 snowboards?

Also, despite the picture, the parts guy I spoke to said you can't have both the ski & Snowboard racks at the same time.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I would assume two. I never got the rack system for my ski's or snowboard. I just place my skies along the base rack and bungee it to it. Works like a charm. I'd recommend you do that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume two. I never got the rack system for my ski's or snowboard. I just place my skies along the base rack and bungee it to it. Works like a charm. I'd recommend you do that.
I appreciate the suggestion... although Ontario is very dissimilar than Vermont in that it's about a 2 hour drive each way to where I snowboard. Not sure I want 2 of my snowboards bungee'd to the bumper for 2 hours on the highway.

I drove to Killington last winter though (not in the smart) - had a great time.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Edit:

I believe the snowboard rack is sold in the same manner as the bike rack. One attachment means one board or one bike, the additional attachment for the second snowboard or second bike. Admittedly though, my confidence in my statement is now shaken when specifically referring to the snowboard rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts