Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
..that's just vulgar...here we are with the temps in the teens and you guys get to go to the beach....not fair...then again...life is not fair...

...what bridge is that one in the back ground?

jetfuel

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes... on numerous occasions... it's got a bad reputation... and a bad history... I give you it's predecessor on a bad morning in 1980.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Vegas has no Team Spirit, We could never get that many cars together....

H20m0f0... I live in NE Ohio and I rarely see another smartie...let alone get together for a meet and greet... I have one right down the street from me and have only seen them a couple of times so hang in there... BTW.. how many other smart owners do you have in the Vegas area? Tobin just opened a couple of months ago right? I did see one when we were out there visiting my son.. so just keep the faith... your group will grow.
Russ

·
Registered
804 Posts
H20m0f0... I live in NE Ohio and I rarely see another smartie...let alone get together for a meet and greet... I have one right down the street from me and have only seen them a couple of times so hang in there... BTW.. how many other smart owners do you have in the Vegas area? Tobin just opened a couple of months ago right? I did see one when we were out there visiting my son.. so just keep the faith... your group will grow.
Russ

There are a bunch now that Towbin opened but we just don't seem to have the spirit like some other area's. I think when I bought my Smart I was probably around the 40th one in Vegas but still to this day I have only come acrossed 2 ather cars while I was in mine. I see them more when I'm in my work van and when I say more I mean about 1 or 2 a month. I'm sure in due time we will get more people together it just takes time. But on the flip side as much as I would like to get a bunch together I also like to have that unique little car that everyone looks at and ask the ever so famous question "what is it"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Vegas has no Team Spirit, We could never get that many cars together....
I dunno, the Florida meets seem to be mostly retirees with plenty of free time. Here in Chicago, the demographic seems to skew younger, so I expect smaller meets.

·
Registered
282 Posts
..that's just vulgar...here we are with the temps in the teens and you guys get to go to the beach....not fair...then again...life is not fair...

...what bridge is that one in the back ground?

jetfuel
Not to rub it in, but you'll note that several of the cabrios have the tops down... including my red one third from the left...

It was a great event, but will pale compared to the Orlando event next month where they are expecting 10 times that many cars...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I dunno, the Florida meets seem to be mostly retirees with plenty of free time. Here in Chicago, the demographic seems to skew younger, so I expect smaller meets.
Didn't look like retirees to me. I am 55 (54 when the picture was taken) and I was one of the older folks at the get together. Several of the attendees looked to be half my age.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I organize the Central Florida Smart Car Club and Bill organizes the Suncoast group in Tampa. While our membership list does include lot's of retirees it would be a mistake to say this is what drives the attendance as many of the most active participants are in their 20s, 30s and 40s.

We have been holding events since last May and many of them were only 5 to 8 cars but it builds over time with good events, good planning and lot's of communication.

Keep trying and I'm sure you can grow your group size.

Also keep in mind that SCOA and smartusainsider are not enough to drive the attendance. Many owners do not participate in the boards. Work with your dealer to refer every buyer to your group and to get you e-mail addresses for activity announcements then use e-mail and the boards to promote.

Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts