Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
guess he is an old man... (JK) some major highways have icreased their speed limit quite a bit. Some even have speed zones where there is no speed limit.

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
I thought you meant at 75 years of age...

I average right around 65-70 MPH and getting 46 mpg with 86,000 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just needed more room

With the 3 gunning I needed more room for the 3 gun cart, range bag, cooler, several long guns, and other gear. I also got my nephew started into shooting this year and got him hooked on it. I just ran out of room with the two of us plus gear.

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
As we have often said, this car is not for everyone. If you need a little extra room for a 3rd passenger, or a set of long guns, cart, etc. then it may not be the best choice.

My car is stock except for the AreA451 cruise and the pedal remapping, and Kumho tires (standard size)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Chris!
If you are still following this thread... The snow tires that you sold me are fantastic! Thank you! Instead of cursing the poor tread on my original tires like I did last year, this year I am cursing the SUV drivers to "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!"

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
Funny... all the snow we got and the smart was the only car that didn't get driven today. Their loss...

Glad I got the snow tires on last week.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The smart with snow tires = Amazing. Drove around all day yesterday with no issues.

Jim, I'm pretty sure I saw you driving home last night, are the new rims dark colored?

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
Nope, got the stock steel rims with just the center caps (for the winter) the painted covers are in storage until spring. Put the Blizzacks on over a week ago, glad I did

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Jim,

What's that stuff all over your smart. Did the washer spring a leak again? Or did you drive out of that car wash before the rise cycle?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nope, got the stock steel rims with just the center caps (for the winter) the painted covers are in storage until spring. Put the Blizzacks on over a week ago, glad I did

[/IMG]
This picture illustrates another advantage that smart has: Less snow to scrape off the windows and hood. My wife's Ford Flex took a long time to clean off before we could drive. :cool:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts