Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Smart Fortwo ED3 451
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.

I had a genius idea (or at least I think so). For those who live in a house and don't like to pay for the electricity.
There can be installed solar panels on the roof, a controller and a small battery, as well as an inverter 12V-110V ...
The panels get the power and through the controller, it is sent to the small battery and the car from which the electricity is directed to the house, but only after it is charged (which should not be long considering that the panels will be about 5000 watts).
A thick cable is passed from the car to the inverter and from it the 110V cable goes to the electric panel of the house.
When the car is not connected, the power from the small battery is used.

Any comments on the subject?

Thanks in advance 🙂.

· Registered
Smart Fortwo ED3 451
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several years back I recall reading about 451 ICE Smarts that had a 100 watt solar panel roof. The panel was used to charge the battery and allow cooling without the engine running.

I’m sure 100 watts wouldn’t be anywhere near enough power to charge an ED battery, but it was awesome for trickle charging the 12v battery and running low wattage accessories without deprecating the battery.

Hello.

Sorry, but I was talking about the roof on the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts