·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale: 2009 smart car for two
Miles: 34,500
Color: red/black
Price: $8,400 >>$8,000
I love this car, but don't really drive it since I moved to the city. I bike everywhere now so financially it's pointless to keep for me. I am the 4th owner of this car. I bought it as a commuting car, as I drove 80 miles per day on the highway for work. Cruising on the highway at 75-80mph I would get an average of 39-40 mpg's. Driving more conservatively the highest mpg's I got was 43 mpg. This car can fit into many street parking spots in the city, it's great! I will get about 330 miles per tank of gas.

I have changed the oil every 9k miles. They recommend 10k intervals. The car has tire pressure sensors, K&N intake, aftermarket front lip, CD player, aftermarket HID lights, custom exhaust and iPod AUX jack. It also has the legal amount of tint all around on the windows which is 30% I believe. I just changed the oil this week so the car needs nothings for the next year or 10k miles! This car picks up and handles very well due it's lightweight construction.

·
17,390 Posts
Looking at that interior shot I'd say yes. Legal tint is now 35% but 30% makes pretty much no difference in outside appearance so I wouldn't worry.

Have you tried adding it to Craigslist?
I can refer your car whenever people tell me they want one. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the post guys! Yes it was my college car and now i have a big boy job, lol

It does have A/C and blows cold. I used it frequently this summer.

Shoot me an offer people! This would make a great christmas gift for somone :D

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,971 Posts
Why are you selling it? Wish I could make an offer but as I said we have to get moved first before I can get my own smart.

I just reread your post. Your selling it because you bike everywhere.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's on CL but there are so many flakers and low ballers... IDK why people would come and drive it, say they like it then offer me 6k. There is nothing wrong with the car and i'm asking on the low end of KKB pricing.

In all honesty the car will not depriciate that much and driving it the few times i need to isn't really a bad investment just to keep it. I just think of all the toys i can get when i sell it :) (another ar-15, biggger LED tv, vegas trip)

·
17,390 Posts
Hmmm...Maybe try to re-write your listing to add something along the lines of "serious inquiries/offers only, no tire kickers"?

Got my first car off the Chicago CL. The ad had what I wrote above. The owner said he was tired of tire kickers so he made his requests quite blunt so he could get it sold quicker :)

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
I'd slap some cheap wheel cover on it. Might help in the resale. You car looks very plain. Can't hurt.

Saw a pure the other day with after market mag type wheel covers. It looked funny, cause it had five fake lug nuts. The covers did improve the looks of the vehicle. Wish I taken a photo of it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It's on CL but there are so many flakers and low ballers... IDK why people would come and drive it, say they like it then offer me 6k. There is nothing wrong with the car and i'm asking on the low end of KKB pricing.

In all honesty the car will not depriciate that much and driving it the few times i need to isn't really a bad investment just to keep it. I just think of all the toys i can get when i sell it :) (another ar-15, biggger LED tv, vegas trip)
I know what you mean by the idiot lowballers. I was once selling a Subaru Forester, and i lowballed myself by pricing it way cheap. I needd to sell it right away since the sealer was lowballing me on a trade and i didnt want to let them have it. It booked on edmunds at $6500 private party, and i priced it at $4950. I posted the ad on CL at 9 AM on a saturday, and by noon the car was sold. But that didnt stop morons from emailing me, like the jerk who said "i will give you $2900 cash and take i off your hands". I made sure that clown knew how quick it sold and at what price.
Point is that at $7500, your price is already low. I wouldn't go much lower(if at all) off that price. You might even say in your ad
"No i won't take $6000 for it, so don't bother if that's what you want to pay"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.