Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'll figger this car out
350 Posts
I have a good running Mercedes 3cyl 698cc smart fortwo engine, from 2005 g&k 450 fortwo smart car
-84k engine, see it run & drive (or request a video), $1200, complete with accessories, will pull when I have a buyer
-engine with 6-speed automatic-manual trans $1300 (2005 , 2.73 6th gear)
-engine&trans with complete electronics package, EVERYTHING $1900

No body parts or misc other parts not listed will be available. Please contact me with a complete list of what you're looking for, for a price, if you are interested in .....................ANY electronics such as ECU, SAM, fusebox, wiring harness, computer, or similar

or complete running & driving car w/ clean wa title $3500

prices are firm

please send pm with your contact info for a prompt response, I will consider shipping for serious buyers who won't back out after I go through the work to get quotes or remove etc.
Do you knbow if this power train will fit without mods in the 2008 series smart 451?

·
Super Moderator
17,594 Posts
Do you knbow if this power train will fit without mods in the 2008 series smart 451?
Not without a lot of mods.
This engine would be a massive downgrade. These engines put out less power than your 451's engine does. Think my 450s take a leisurely 16 seconds to reach 60.
The 451 frame is bigger and heavier than a 450, so a transplanted 450 engine will perform even worse. I doubt you'll even retain the 450 engine's good fuel economy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts