Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the promised full video review of the Solo Performance Dual Tip exhaust for our Smart cars. Sorry about the mix ups in some words, I have a ton on my mind between my dog dying and debt and some family related issues. Anyway, enough of the excuses, here are the two links to part one and part two of my exhaust review. I hope you all enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Brett

P.S.- Don't forget to watch these videos in 720p for better overall video and audio quality.

·
Vendor
3,557 Posts
Hello Brett!

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are glad you like the exhaust.

We will work on getting a template done for the exhaust and include it with the future exhaust shipments.

Boris

PS. Sorry to hear about your dog. I have been dealing with a sick dog and a sick cat the past two months. The dog seems to have recovered, but the cat is still struggling. All my pets are now older and I understand what it's like since they are members of our family and have been with me for many years.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I am putting my 18 1/2 year old dog down this afternoon:cry:. we'll miss her so much! Anyway,great video,I am now looking at the Solo.I don't want a droney exhaust on the highway.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your support guys. My dog Tyson is eight years old with congestive heart failure and is in an oxygen cage because if he were to not be in there, he would die so we are keeping him alive until we find a way to correct his problems all in the meantime that my parents are broke and they are charging thousands of dollars a day so there are some issues going on around here and thank you guys for you support. We all greatly appreciate it and I am sorry to you guys that have to deal with the sadness related to your animals as they are all close to our hearts.

Anyhow, I took a trip today with my exhaust to get away from it all and with the music playing at the levels I listen to, you can't even hear the exhaust which is great for those who don't want drone and all the extra noise. Boris, thank you for shipping me this great exhaust; it really is jewelry for my car.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha my neighborhood did give me the look. After installing the exhaust, my neighbor came out and said jokingly, "ah, you found a way to make your car quieter." We all laughed. When I was driving around the neighborhood though and I downshift from third to second and the exhaust note comes alive, everybody that is outside turns around to see what is making that noise. I love it!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
but wait,
in the plumbing trade when you purchase a flex fitting its sold by the id/od and the length is "usually" what you get, so if you bought a 2" flex, the length might very well be 12" overall with a inch or two on each end for fittings, thats how its listed.
so in a 6" claim it does fit because the fittings are a necessary part of being able to connect it..

and whats all that green stuff in the background, good videos.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
...nice review of your set up...
...a bit too loud for my liking or to sneak in the house at the weeee hours of the morning...

jetfuel....shhhhhhhhh...you'll wake up the beast...

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don, in my point of view, I just see that the full six inch flex pipe is actual pipe that can be flexed. I understand the couplings are needed to connect the flexible joint to the pipe, but in my opinion, the flexible part of the joint is the braided part, not the couplings. I don't have a gripe about what is stated by the aftermarket exhaust itself, but at least the exhaust has a flex pipe, unlike the DTH exhausts or the gen 1 BPP exhaust (not saying they are bad products, just pointing out the lack of a flexible pipe). Again, I love this exhaust and would highly recommend it, but like Jet stated, it might be too much noise for some peoples' tastes. Then again, I am 18 and like that deep exhaust note.

And Don, can you give me an idea of from which points in the video there are unknown green stuff in the background so I can tell you what they are? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
bushy looking things and green on the ground? :)

Must be from "that" part of California.:D I spent two weeks in Exeter, CA helping out a sister plant a couple of years ago.... EVERYTHING was brown. I couldn't wait to get back to Indiana!

BTW smartcar111, great review, but I have to agree with Jet... a little too loud for my taste.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts