Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
What are some less nosier options for an exhaust system that also increases fuel mileage? My wfie thought this a little loud for her tastes.

Yellow Smart

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
first off the tips won't make any difference, you'd really have to change the WHOLE exhaust system, TO make an improvement you'd have to lower the resistance, which generally means less in the way of sound absorption; so, virtually all exhaust systems that would do that are going to be lauder. Also, if you actually figure out how much money you'd save vs. how much the new exhaust cost, you' VERY likely never make it up. Usually it done to gain HP, not economy, though the economy could, but rarely is, a side effect.

·
Vendor
3,471 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Here is the promised full video review of the Solo Performance Dual Tip exhaust for our Smart cars. Sorry about the mix ups in some words, I have a ton on my mind between my dog dying and debt and some family related issues. Anyway, enough of the excuses, here are the two links to part one and part two of my exhaust review. I hope you all enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Brett

P.S.- Don't forget to watch these videos in 720p for better overall video and audio quality.

YouTube - Smart car Solo Performance Dual Tip Exhaust Review Part 1

YouTube - Smart car Solo Performance Dual Tip Exhaust Review Part 2
How did you EMBED the YouTube Videos?

·
Registered
66 Posts
:thanks_smile: Liked the video review and info. I'm in the process of switching my exhaust, as well.

:sorry-sign: to hear about your dog.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I watched smartcar111's videos on youtube before ordering my solo performance center dual exhaust (same one he's got) and I think they were quite accurate and helpful. Thanks for the upload smartcar111!!!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a quick video (before and after) that I made so it can help anyone thinking of getting the solo exhaust.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts