Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally I had the Borla Exhaust prototype I guess I had it for a few months. I have to admit the sound of Borla is pretty nice. it's deep and very smooth sounding. The problem is the sound in the cabin is overwhelming. It vibrates your eardrums constantly, like if you are in a rock concert. Since my commute is a little longer than before, I really noticed it. I actually started wearing earplugs, no joke! Well, it was getting old and didn't want to end up with a loss of hearing in the next few months.

How did I fix it?

I swapped it out for a Solo Performance Exhaust. Did it make a difference? Yes, it did. I was very impressed by the sound and the fact that it was significantly quieter in the cabin, yet it has this killer roar that you can hear from the outside. There is no 2500 and 4500 rpm drone that I experienced with the Borla. The Solo Performance also has some good pickup. Possibly more power but I will have to update this in the next few days to confirm. I think it's one the best exhaust out there. It has the power you need without hurting your ears. But it still has that nice sound that everyone looks for.

Cisco

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally I had the Borla Exhaust prototype

It vibrates your eardrums constantly, like if you are in a rock concert. I actually started wearing earplugs, no joke!
Cisco

I guess, we will have "few" unhappy owners who preorder Borla with assumptions that it will be quiet.

CUBE

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the quad tips were supposed to be quieter. I had the dual center. I don't like to talk this way about a product but it really is the truth. The Solo Exhaust made such a big difference even my daughter noticed it right away. She nearly thanked me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
From my understanding the Solo exhaust is louder than the Brabus and the Brabus is louder than regular OEM. Most people think its louder than it should be for a "quiet" exhaust. Maybe more people who actually have this exhaust can chime in w/ their opinion. Remus is less loud than the Solo as well so I don't know, why they say its "without all that noise". Seems kind of misleading, but I don't have first hand experience w/ it so I'm only speaking on what others have said and they have no real reason to lie.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sigh.

Yes, I pre-ordered the Borla. If I can, I'll get my money back.

Back to square one. The Remus simply won't play well with a body kit. I think I try to find a used Brabus....

geosynch

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sigh.

Yes, I pre-ordered the Borla. If I can, I'll get my money back.

Back to square one. The Remus simply won't play well with a body kit. I think I try to find a used Brabus....

geosynch
I want to stress that according to my driving habits, the Borla was too loud for me. It may be different for you. The hum of the Borla exhaust is very unique and deep.

I want to emphasize on this thread how great the Solo Performance exhaust is. The more I drive it, the more I am liking it. It is nice during regular driving but when you need power, it will give you the kick at the higher RPM's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts