Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope someboday can help me, I am thinking in install an exhaust in my 451 and I only see these 2 brands.

Very similar boths, only I see the SOLO have a little bigger the exhaust tips and sounds a little more noisy (maybe I am wrong).

What do u think ? and which one is the best one ?, also similar prices, a little cheaper the SOLO, because they offer free shipping.

Thank you so much in advance and tell me your opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes also I see that.

Do u think the SOLO tips could fit in this diffuser ?, because I see the tips are bigger compared with the SILA.
Yeah that I'm not sure about. I'm gonna be picking up the full s-mann kit here pretty soon. I hope it fits with no modifications, if not it's fine, I'll just take to a body shop and have them fit it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I haven't heard the SILA. I dont think many people actually buy the SILA tbh.
I tried to buy the SILA. I placed the order with Smart Madness. My credit card was charged. And then I waited. And waited. And waited. In the meantime, my (wife's) smart stopped working because of what ended up being a transmission controller failure, so upgrading the exhaust went down on the priority list and I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried to buy the SILA. I placed the order with Smart Madness. My credit card was charged. And then I waited. And waited. And waited. In the meantime, my (wife's) smart stopped working because of what ended up being a transmission controller failure, so upgrading the exhaust went down on the priority list and I cancelled the order.
Yeah. I don't recommend smart madness, and suggest anyone who thinks of buying from that site to try and find where they source the products and get it from them.
They've somehow messed up every order I've ordered from them. They claim they're 'sooo busy' but when I ordered items 3 days apart, the order number only changed by 13. I can't tell if they're drop shipping items, or just clueless to how a online store business runs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yeah. I don't recommend smart madness, and suggest anyone who thinks of buying from that site to try and find where they source the products and get it from them.
They've somehow messed up every order I've ordered from them. They claim they're 'sooo busy' but when I ordered items 3 days apart, the order number only changed by 13. I can't tell if they're drop shipping items, or just clueless to how a online store business runs.
Same here. Ordered an exhaust, waited, waited, waited. Finally called a month later. Said there was a concern about my order shipping to another address. I just cancelled the order at that point. I was unimpressed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that I'm not sure about. I'm gonna be picking up the full s-mann kit here pretty soon. I hope it fits with no modifications, if not it's fine, I'll just take to a body shop and have them fit it.
Which one is the full s-mann kit ???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will go with the SOLO!!!

Anyone else have this one installed ?

Thank you so much guys. =)

·
Vendor
3,653 Posts
Hello BiffNotZeem,

That sounds like the order was placed back when COVID shipping delays were at their peak.

We were originally quoted 4 weeks transit time for the shipment of exhausts and it took FAR longer before they arrived to us.

In an effort to prevent this in the future we did order several extra exhausts before that shipment arrived, and we now have many on hand in our Texas warehouse.

Our shipping department has even been staying late into the evening recently to get as many orders packaged and shipped out as possible.

If you decide you would like to get the exhaust in the future please send me a PM on the forums and I will make sure we get you taken care of.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts