Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Get Mom to come to your meeting place and meet your traveling companion/driver. That way she knows who your riding with. She can get his name, car license number etc.
then be sure to check in along the way and when you get to Westminster. We Mom's do worry. Even when our kids are 32 and 35 and have families of there own.

·
Super Moderator
17,547 Posts
Sounds like a plan, I'll talk some more about it to her.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Sounds like a plan, I'll talk some more about it to her.
Huronlad has been a member for 4+ years. I pretty sure it wasn't part of his master plan on kidnapping you back in 2009 when he joined. He posts quite often and seems like a decent fellow. Like they said, have your Mom drop you off and meet him. I understand your Mom's point of view and that should placate her.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,858 Posts
He posts quite often and seems like a decent fellow. Like they said, have your Mom drop you off and meet him. I understand your Mom's point of view and that should placate her.
Mom's do worry and when Mom is happy, everyone is happy.

Huronlad, aka William is about as solid a citizen as is allowed into the smart SCoA asylum.

While he is one of those wild and crazy Canadians who has been seen at OTD in the company of Jet Fuel, he seems quite harmless?

But then again he may have been seen with a roll of industrial strength clear kitchen wrap one night? What happens at The Dragon, stays at the Dragon . . .

·
Super Moderator
17,547 Posts
She won't have enough money to "rescue" me from Denver. :naughty:

But seriously, I'll be talking to her tonight.

Reactions: jkjahobbs

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
I'd trust either of my sons with Jetfuel. I'm thinking that if He hangs out with Jetfuel then we can trust him with Neon. Now the question is, is William safe with Neon. :D
I know you can't believe I'd trust my sons with Jetfuel.:eek:

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,547 Posts
Situation is as stands; I can go if and only if I can take a family friend with me.

Of course, had my summer plan been on track I would've moved out by now and be living on my own. Looks like I'm pushing that to late August though. :)

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
So do you have a friend to take with you? Can you afford the gas? Lodging?

Nothing against your Mom, I am a Mom afterall, but aren't you 20 now? Capable of making your own decisions? I'm guessing since you still live at home that Mom has some say in what you do.
Good Luck, I hope you get to come.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Let's all chip in and pay for Mom to go along.......
I am broke, but I WILL chip in for Neon.

Dear Neon's parents,

You must be very proud of your son. He has impressed hundreds of us in the smart community with his knowledge and persistence. There is no way that this community event would be complete without his participation.

We know you have concerns, as do all of us parents. The world is such a crazy place, and insane things DO happen sometimes. HOWEVER, there will be over 100 of us there watching him like hawks! Most of us are parents too.

Please consider your decision, and allow him to grace us all with his presence!!

Thanks,
Dora Anderson
A Mom.

·
Super Moderator
17,547 Posts
Shoot, due to the catastrophe that is my new job, I only make enough money to pay for a week's worth of fuel. This job was designed to screw you over.

Plan B job should start next week thankfully. Hourly pay, full time, and benefits...no bull false promises and lies...

Hmmm...Lets show that letter to her... *gulp*

21 - 40 of 68 Posts