Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
That's rough Neon. At 20, I had been in the USAF for 2 years. Driven to Colorado and back by myself twice. As long as you live in your parents house, you have to live by their rules. Although thinking that people who drive smart cars and are on this forum are murders and the National show is somehow a den of horror and inequity is going a little too far.
At 20 I was in the USN for 2 years, married, father of 1 with a 2nd on the way and drove a '68 opel kadett. The opel had a white racing stripe with green footprints running from trunk to hood. I agree with stretchmobile, as long as you're under your mom's roof she'll run your life. Whenever we went home to visit, my mom tried to tell me how to raise my kids. Hope to see you at OTD, I'll be there with my wife & 2 teenage granddaughters & oh yes 2 smarts.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
At 20 I was in the USN for 2 years, married, father of 1 with a 2nd on the way and drove a '68 opel kadett. The opel had a white racing stripe with green footprints running from trunk to hood. I agree with stretchmobile, as long as you're under your mom's roof she'll run your life. Whenever we went home to visit, my mom tried to tell me how to raise my kids. Hope to see you at OTD, I'll be there with my wife & 2 teenage granddaughters & oh yes 2 smarts.
In EU they call that a Kadettalac. Sweet car!!

·
Super Moderator
17,600 Posts
Opel Kadett! I love the one Richard Hammond bought in Africa and imported back home after filming that episode of Top Gear.

FWIW - Move date is pegged at the end of August. About to score a customer service job that pays really, really well. :)

Reactions: Stretchmobile

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Opel Kadett! I love the one Richard Hammond bought in Africa and imported back home after filming that episode of Top Gear.

FWIW - Move date is pegged at the end of August. About to score a customer service job that pays really, really well. :)
Congrats! Just remember all the down payments you'll need to save up for, rent, electricity, water, gas, trash...It takes a lot to set up a household.

·
Super Moderator
17,600 Posts
And having to pay for your own food as well. :eek:

Better start learning how to cook more than just burgers, steak, and pizza...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
What costs the most are the things you take for granted. Silverware, plates, cups, pots and pans, toilet paper, towels and wash cloths, spices, cookware, sheets and blankets, shower curtain etc. My daughter has been married over two years and she still is missing a bunch of stuff. Every time we visit, we buy more things she doesn't have.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
Neon, hit either a Goodwill Store, DAV or Salvation Army sore for your dishes, glasses, cups, pots and pans, etc. Much cheaper and you don't need everything matching starting out. The rest of the stuff shop Target or Wal-Mart.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts