Smart Car of America Forum banner

Some things you may want to consider taking to Nationals

16K views 67 replies 18 participants last post by  jkjahobbs 
#1 ·
Marcy (SMARTLINC) started this list in her caravan thread:

Lawn Chairs
Umbrella
Water Bottles (the word is to DRINK LOTS OF WATER while in Colorado)
Sunblock
Hats/Visors
Hiking Shoes
Gum

I'd add:

Cameras/batteries
FRS/GMRS radios
More water, snacks for the road
UV protection
Money -$$$$
Updated GPS points of interest
ID your car - how else do we know who's driving what?
Wi-fi access - not included in the price of the hotel room

Feel free to add to the list! :)

See less See more
#40 ·
Shoot, due to the catastrophe that is my new job, I only make enough money to pay for a week's worth of fuel. This job was designed to screw you over.

Plan B job should start next week thankfully. Hourly pay, full time, and benefits...no bull false promises and lies...

Hmmm...Lets show that letter to her... *gulp*

#43 ·
Consider taking

If you're like me, when in a hotel you're constantly frustrated by the lack of outlets available for electronics and chargers.

Take a squid or two, and maybe even a 10-12 foot 16 gauge extension cord.

................................................................................................. Report this image.

#56 ·
That escalated quickly...

I stood my ground (I'll call, you're trying to run my life, I'm an adult not a child, it's not abnormal to travel this way, etc etc) but to no avail.

I had my intelligence insulted and had to endure a two hour speech about axe murderers and conventions.

This is what happens when you watch way too many horror movies...

So yep, Denver is out for me. :(
I'm also moving out when I get the money, I'm tired of not having any freedom.

See y'all at OTD this year!

#57 ·
That escalated quickly...

I stood my ground (I'll call, you're trying to run my life, I'm an adult not a child, it's not abnormal to travel this way, etc etc) but to no avail.

I had my intelligence insulted and had to endure a two hour speech about axe murderers and conventions.

This is what happens when you watch way too many horror movies...

So yep, Denver is out for me. :(
I'm also moving out when I get the money, I'm tired of not having any freedom.

See y'all at OTD this year!
That's rough Neon. At 20, I had been in the USAF for 2 years. Driven to Colorado and back by myself twice. As long as you live in your parents house, you have to live by their rules. Although thinking that people who drive smart cars and are on this forum are murders and the National show is somehow a den of horror and inequity is going a little too far.

#63 ·
Opel Kadett! I love the one Richard Hammond bought in Africa and imported back home after filming that episode of Top Gear.

FWIW - Move date is pegged at the end of August. About to score a customer service job that pays really, really well. :)

Reactions: Stretchmobile
#67 ·
What costs the most are the things you take for granted. Silverware, plates, cups, pots and pans, toilet paper, towels and wash cloths, spices, cookware, sheets and blankets, shower curtain etc. My daughter has been married over two years and she still is missing a bunch of stuff. Every time we visit, we buy more things she doesn't have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.