Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on pictures i see posted that black ugly plug in the front bumper sticks out like a sore thumb.

i am getting paint to paint the plug, the intake vent and gas door to match the body. and while we are talking about plugs i went to Lowes and got two plugs to cover the holes for the rear bumper black valance screws and 2 bigger plugs to cover the rusting wiper arm nuts where water collects

·
Registered
249 Posts
on pictures i see posted that black ugly plug in the front bumper sticks out like a sore thumb.

i am getting paint to paint the plug, the intake vent and gas door to match the body. and while we are talking about plugs i went to Lowes and got two plugs to cover the holes for the rear bumper black valance screws and 2 bigger plugs to cover the rusting wiper arm nuts where water collects
I know about the wiper arm ugly nuts, but am not familiar with the other places. So your gas door and intake grille do not match the paint color of your car already?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct, the gas and intake are black like the roof

below the rear bumper should be a black valance. there are two holes where the bolts go into to hold the valance on. plug those holes.

i bought the wiper and valance plugs but have not tried them yet. so if they work out i will post the skew number for Lowes

keep in mind mine is an 08 Passion so yours may be different

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
The black ugly plug is the cover for the tow hook hole, and that , on the front and back have always been black, as were the side skirts (on early 451) and door handles, and lower front valance, and rear lower valance. Later, they started painting the side skirts and lower valances (front and rear) to match the body color.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wouldn't that black plug look better if it didn't stand out like a sore thumb?

thank you johnannel if i didn't live off social security (lost all my retirement in 911) i would get the door in a hert beat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, TR.

I think it IS In the Eye of the Beholder...

I love all my Black colors that are stock on my Bumble Bee Blk n yel Color on my 2010 Smart Car for two Pure...

Would not change a thing but the peeling off Vinyl on roof top back side...:(

I am very FUSSY; I always Detail the marks off the yellow car body and wind screen too... Usually never longer than the next day if not real soiled.

Now my Harley gets Detailed Right After ride and sometimes during the ride too...

But HEY, I know, You gotta make it Your Way to be Happy Camper...

signed....BUBBIE

ADDED: Even the Yellow Jackets come BUZZING in to see their BIG Papa when i Fill the fuel tank... Never stung yet as they are Just showing Respect... I HOPE

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
You could always remove the plugs. then the regular body color would show around the bolts, or holes they cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts