Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
That ship has sailed, the link to smartusa.com says it all - “smart cars are no longer sold in the US.”

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
And clearly labeled a CONCEPT - this is how long before the new smart “concept car” drops in Munich.

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
This render should be representative of what we'll see next week in Munich. It's based on the teaser images and designer sketch without many changes.

Looks like that lower grille portion of the concept has some LED action going on. Of course, the production version isn't going to come with all of those cool lights.

The Tridion cell design is also gone, with the only nod of its former existence being the floating roof... and that's a design element that everyone is doing today.

I suppose what's coming next week is indeed special. It's the day that Smart grows up and becomes something different than we're used to.

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Yep. You know things are bad for cars when Toyota is making a crossover version of the Corolla.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yep. You know things are bad for cars when Toyota is making a crossover version of the Corolla.

Toyota wants to compete with the top selling Honda HRV. In that segment. Small crossovers, are in big demand. Toyota at the present, has 9 model crossovers, and SUV’s to offer.
The Corolla crossover, will be slotted between the small C-HR, and the larger RAV-4. The Corolla is Toyota’s top-selling vehicle. From a marketing point, why not offer a Corolla crossover name plate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its not going to sell well in the UK when it is launched here, as it says in car magazines its estimated to be around £30k, thats a crazy $41,500, for a Smart? :eek:

I would bet most will be lease hire here due to the price, rather than buy, as that's a cheaper option to hand it back after three years. Also says the batteries are only going to be guaranteed for eight years, after that hard luck.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This looks just like the way they ruined the Mini, IMO of course;)
Mini hasn’t been ruined. Actually, by Mini offering small crossover models. Has kept them in business. Mini offers hybrid plug ins, 4 door vehicles, convertibles, EV’s, and crossovers. I really like the Countryman. The premium brand, has just got too expensive to buy. The Mini brand understands the market place. If smart had offered the forfour here, I would have purchase one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts