1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..and we think the "market adjustment" for our smarts was high, wait till you see what the early production of these babies commands. List $102K. Anyone want to speculate? $150K asking is my guess for those lucky dealers that get allocation.
Absolutely; the feeding frenzy has already started and with only two thousand available the dealers will get whatever they ask, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The best deal in the world, can't get more speed for the money anywhere. GM can build world class stuff.
Wow, awesome ride
karl

·
Super Moderator
28,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to Reuters...

is that the vette thats almost 260,000 dollars
DETROIT, June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- The official Corvette ZR1 numbers are in and they're good. Very good:
-- $103,300 MSRP (including $850 destination charge)
-- EPA-estimated fuel economy of 14 city and 20 highway
-- 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
-- 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds
-- Quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph

·
Registered
262 Posts
DETROIT, June 17 /PRNewswire/ -- The official Corvette ZR1 numbers are in and they're good. Very good:
-- $103,300 MSRP (including $850 destination charge)
-- EPA-estimated fuel economy of 14 city and 20 highway
-- 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
-- 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds
-- Quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph

Corvette Z06-
--$72,405 ( 2009 pricing)
--EPA-estimated fuel economy of 15 city and 24 highway
--0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds
--0-100 mph in 8.5 seconds
--Quarter-mile elapsed time of 12.0 seconds at 121 mph

So for $31K less you lose by 0.2 seconds in a street race and make it up in fuel economy. If you never go to the track, the 0-100 and 1/4 mile numbers don't mean much.

ZR1 nice bragging rights, but for that kind of money I'd take an Audi R8 for a few K more. But actually, I'd gladly take the Z06, a smart for rainy days and pocket the extra $15K for gas for 3-4 years for both.

And that's assuming you could buy the ZR1 at list, which you can't, and can't get a discount on a Z06, which you can. So more pocket change for mods.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The best deal in the world, can't get more speed for the money anywhere. GM can build world class stuff.
Wow, awesome ride
karl
Wait till the new Caddy CTS-V hits the streets with the same engine but smaller supercharger, rated at a mere 550 HP in a 4 door family sedan. At $60K +/-, for some it may be an even better deal.

But too late, unfortunately. These will be great deals on the used market in a year.

·
Super Moderator
28,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, same story when the C5 Z06 came out; you could mod a stock C5 for less money and get better numbers. Same for the C6 Z. However, what you have is a modded car, not the real thing. Those C6 Z numbers are all correct, but it's not a ZR1. Why would people spend the extra money to get the car they want? I don't know, ask someone who paid $5K extra for an orphan smart. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep, same story when the C5 Z06 came out; you could mod a stock C5 for less money and get better numbers. Same for the C6 Z. However, what you have is a modded car, not the real thing. Those C6 Z numbers are all correct, but it's not a ZR1. Why would people spend the extra money to get the car they want? I don't know, ask someone who paid $5K extra for an orphan smart. :)

Hmmm. Fair point.

Now I bet I could take 0.2 seconds off the 0-60 speed in my smart for a whole lot less than $31K.

Can't get the 0-100 time down though because, um, well you know, the smart won't, uh, never mind....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts