Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hear crickets in this thread! =)

Hi there, I do plan on attending the event and picking up the caravan that will pick up in the San Antonio area on up to Tulsa and the caravan from Tulsa to KC.

Do you have any idea if there are still plans on coordinating the "unofficial" caravans that will drive to Tulsa from everyelse? If you do, do you know where I would turn to?

-Eddie

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have to agree. pretty quiet. There seemed to be a lot of interest from Texas/Oklahoma folks last Fall so I'm not sure what happened. As far as the caravans feeding to Tulsa, those would be up to the folks in whatever location(s) that want to drive together. DFW seems to be one obvious area, maybe Little Rock or Albuquerque also? At this point there are not many people signed up from the TX/NM/OK/AR region. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, I will be signed up soon. I have recently moved and need to give the bank account some time to stop smoking from all the recent activity involved with moving before I can officially sign up as an attendee. I will see what I can do about strumming up some more interest around this area and give them a little nudge/reminder.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Houston to Tulsa

I've posted all the information for the national event on smartusainsider/groups/houstonsmartcarclub. There is only one person that I know has registered and is making it. No one else in our club seems to have any interest.:puppy_dog_eyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interstate 35 Caravan

There is a good chance that there will be a caravan formed from the Wichita Smarties Club that will head straight up Interstate 35 to Kansas City. If other clubs who will be taking that route and would be interested in coordinating something leave a post here and we'll see what develops. Depending upon the route that the Tulsa people choose we may be able to meet up with them somewhere along the way.

There will be a lot of folks going to this event but most will not commit themselves until the last minute unless they are retired and independantly wealthy. Dan

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
We'll take I-35 north as well, coming from Emporia, most likely on friday morning; another Smart owner in town told me she'd love to attend, we may drive together.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
I've posted all the information for the national event on smartusainsider/groups/houstonsmartcarclub. There is only one person that I know has registered and is making it. No one else in our club seems to have any interest.:puppy_dog_eyes:
Hey, I have interest, I just cant. We have about three in our club...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Give Jan a Break

Those big letters are the "I am missing my reading glasses font" Just wait until you get old...
I won't know my May 2010 schedule until 4/19 @ 9:00 am.
If I am off I will be attending.
If not I might get a trip trade later but it is difficult..

Houston,TX to Lenexa,KS 723 miles
Average speed 80+ less than 10 hrs.

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
We plan to attend and would be interested in caravaning from Tulsa. Will need to know details as to when you plan to leave Tulsa, route, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be heading north from Wichita - but will probably be in KC a few days before the event because of an earlier trip, so I will tell everyone on the turnpike to watch out for you!

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts