Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pure
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas to mount a spare on the back or roof? Been looking at the bike racks that Smart Madness has, probably could modify that, but wanted to see if there is anything else that might work.....not to mention the bike rack is $250.00, gotta be a cheaper way to do it....

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Never got to try but will they fit in the trunk? A lot have noted fitting them behind one of the seats as an FYI. Have you tried that?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
This guy, made one for he’s smart car. Nicely done.

Ckigar is selling he’s smart car trailer receiver hitch. You can buy that, have it installed. Find a used 1/4“ used Good bike rack, for $40. Thats the route, I’d go. PM Ckigar. He just posted the hitch this morning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any ideas to mount a spare on the back or roof? Been looking at the bike racks that Smart Madness has, probably could modify that, but wanted to see if there is anything else that might work.....not to mention the bike rack is $250.00, gotta be a cheaper way to do it....
Hi. What I did was buy a rim and tire to fit on front. I carry it behind the drivers seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you know if a 15" standard donut tire would fit on the fancier front rim for the Passion model ?? I have an extra one I picked up used. The rim fits behind my driver's seat with the configuration I always use. I am the only one that drives my little yellow baby. Nice Video!!! THANKS

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
With where I keep my driver's seat a 175/55 15 tire fits nice as a spare behind that seat. That Spare is as much about having the extra 3 lug rim on board as it is about the extra tire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here is DIY solution, aluminum, folds down & offset for license plate visibility.
Part is available if interested. Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Grille

·
Registered
136 Posts
On my 2014 Smart ED, leased car now gone... Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wood Bumper Gas Electric blue Composite material folding part all aluminum, will not rust, stainless steel hardware.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Spare tire on this car is rear OEM steel rim, standard 15" tire size. There is pin to release hinge, tire stays on rack, no need to remove wheel, unless you want to use it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The "standard size", 15" rear OEM rim used on 2011 Smart Pure model... had two 2014 Smarts ED & 2011 Pure.

·
Registered
2015 Pure
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Janco,
man, I’d love to get that part, just what I’ve been looking for! Would you mind shipping it to Arkansas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sure, folding part is aluminum, not that heavy. However my cross bar is steel painted black, so heavy. Need to put these two parts on scale... send me PM for further discussion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts