Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the consensus is as to which plug is better or which plug causes the most problem.

shortly after I got my 08 with 28k I changed and went to Iridium plugs. Now I can't say i had much of a history with the old plugs when I changed them so quickly. Anyway, the engine (sporadically) may idle ruff and may stall or act like a hickup.....this 3 cylinder engine just does not act like a normal engine. It may just may be the way this thing is, I don't know so I'll let you guys tell me and I'll quit worrying. Could it be these plugs have such a small flame that it gets snuffed out (I was thinking of platinum or copper....bigger flame).

thanks guys for your input

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm running denso iridiums with no issues for about 18k. Never stalled out anything like that. Maybe try running some marvel in the tank for a few fill ups. There are 2 types if my memory serves me well: a long life (100k) and shorter life (30k).

As for which plugs cause problems it's the brisk racing plugs. There's one guy from California around here who absolutely swears by then but seems like everybody else had them fail very soon after replacement. I personally have never tried them so I have no opinion
I was wondering what the consensus is as to which plug is better or which plug causes the most problem.

shortly after I got my 08 with 28k I changed and went to Iridium plugs. Now I can't say i had much of a history with the old plugs when I changed them so quickly. Anyway, the engine (sporadically) may idle ruff and may stall or act like a hickup.....this 3 cylinder engine just does not act like a normal engine. It may just may be the way this thing is, I don't know so I'll let you guys tell me and I'll quit worrying. Could it be these plugs have such a small flame that it gets snuffed out (I was thinking of platinum or copper....bigger flame).

thanks guys for your input

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
there are different versions of the Denso plugs. I installed a set that wore out quickly and found they were not the long life ones I switched to the long life ones and that took care of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've changed spark plugs on my '08 Passion at 30K and 60K ( and soon @ 90K) with cheap NGK LKR7B-9, it never missed a beat or had any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts