Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the speaker in the driver's door cuts in and out. The radio and speakers are stock; what came with the car which is 2015 Passion.

I am using Anker SoundSync Drive Bluetooth 4.0 Car Receiver and Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio to play audio books from my iPhone 7 Plus. iOS 11.0.3 .

I just now wonder if the Bluetooth is causing the cut out. I'll do a little experimenting tomorrow and let you know if that is the cause.

Otherwise if it has something to do with the connections I'll need some advice if it is something I can look for or if it is something the dealer will need to look at.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The driver door speaker in my leased 2013 began doing that after around 2 years. If a tapped on the grill with my hand it would come back on. Never did anything about it as it was soon to turn in.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, OliverB, for your reply. I'll try tapping on the grill and see if that makes it cut in and out. If so it must be something in the speaker in the door.

·
17,479 Posts
If tapping on the grille does nothing, check the audio jack connection with your Bluetooth system.

For whatever reason, mine will only work on both speakers if I wet the Bluetooth receiver’s audio plug first. I assume either the jack got bigger, the plug got smaller, or both.

As a final test, just run it on the radio. If no issues are encountered then you know it’s the audio jack.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If tapping on the grille does nothing, check the audio jack connection with your Bluetooth system.

For whatever reason, mine will only work on both speakers if I wet the Bluetooth receiver’s audio plug first. I assume either the jack got bigger, the plug got smaller, or both.

As a final test, just run it on the radio. If no issues are encountered then you know it’s the audio jack.
Hi Miss Mercedes, it is the Bluetooth system. Wiggling the audio jack causes it to cut in and out. I'll try your solution. :) Thanks!

·
17,479 Posts
You’re welcome! I guess lubricate the plug??? I have no idea what would be a good long term solution outside of finding a slightly bigger plug...somehow.

·
Registered
883 Posts
My 2012 smart drivers door speaker has been cutting in and out, thought it might be the speaker connection. Found out that it was the patch cable connection from the mobile phone to the AUX jack. The plug to the AUX jack must have been getting pulled just enough when the glove box door was closed. Now I can listen to Enya in full bliss - half bliss was not enough. I may spray some electronic cleaner in the AUX jack.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk

·
17,479 Posts
It is my estimation that the 3.5" and jack expand and contract at different rates. Over time this should mean that the hole will get bigger than the plug and thus have issues. Lubrication like grease, cleaner, or whatever will help bridge that gap. It's how I've been using the system for a year now. It's not ideal, but I haven't found a better solution short of changing the jack for a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts