Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was nearly in an accident and long story short a bunch of water spilled right over the engine compartment cover. And some coffee had spilled over the passengers side floor. What’s the best way to clean this up and will it cause any damage to the engine? It didn’t completely go through the cover but I’m paranoid.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If it's a lot of water, you might want to take out your seats, turn over the front part of the carpet and sponge/remove the water. There are a few modules under carpet underneath the seats. Remember to disconnect your battery before removing your seats and seat wiring underneath. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
The water won’t hurt the engine at all. Take a shop vac, and suck up what ever liquid is in the carpeting. Park you car outside in the hot sun, with the windows down. To dry it out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Coffee might stink in time.
2 options. Either remove the seats and the whole carpet and wash it and let it dry in the sun, or find one of those wet vacuums and clean everywhere you can reach.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was transporting a box of 16 frozen chickens for a bit over an hour. Reached home and found the ice had thawed (hot rear floor) and of course, there was a hole in the plastic liner in the box...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Short of submerging the car, the engine shouldn’t care about a bit of water. It gets plenty of road spray on rainy days. I just recently cleaned mine with some engine degreaser and a hose to wash it off. No problems. May even run a bit cooler. If nothing else, it looks cleaner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it's resolve brand, makes a carpet cleaning foam, has a big plastic brush on the end of a spraycan, check the pet cleaning/carpet section at the store. Anyways, i'd use that on the coffee, and the sun to dry out the water.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’d give it to my local body shop that has a detail department. The do a super job and GSRs better than I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts