Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going to spill a little java on this but when I realized that the data was only 6*5*2, I could do it with my noodle. During the very first iteration, my noodle started spitting out names for each mutant. It was like a weird word association game but with smarts.

My wife says I have Adam Syndrome because I name EVERYTHING. My daughters all ask “why does he get to name everything?" but from my perspective, it is kind of like a sneeze.

Believe it or not, this has really helped me to decide on a mutant. Now it’s down to Oxford, Darkside, Karl or Zaphod.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Panels: (b)lack, B(l)ue, (r)ed, (s)ilver, (w)hite, (y)ellow
Cell: (b)lack,(s)ilver
Int: (b)lack leather, black (p)attern, (g)rey, (r)ed, (t)an

1. bbb - blackblackblack - darkside
2. bsb - blacksilverblack - oreo
3. bbp - blackblackpattern - sinatra
4. bsp - blacksilverpattern - fader
5. bbg - blackblackgrey - lucifer
6. bsg - blacksilvergrey - coaster
7. bbr - blackblackred - bing (chocolate covered cherry)
8. bsr - blacksilverred - crutchworth
9. bbt - blackblacktan - enoch
10. bst - blacksilvertan - sylvester
11. lbb - blueblackblack - farnsworth
12. lsb - bluesilverblack - gretchen
13. lbp - blueblackpattern - trillion
14. lsp - bluesilverpattern - zillion
15. lbg - blueblackgrey - eddie
16. lsg - bluesilvergrey - clark
17. lbr - blueblackred - emetic
18. lsr - bluesilverred - fenster
19. lbt - blueblacktan - banks
20. lst - bluesilvertan - charles
21. rbb - redblackblack - Karl
22. rsb - reidsilverblack - friedrich
23. rbp - redblackpattern - vladimir
24. rsp - redsilverpattern - rosa
25. rbg - redblackgrey - josef
26. rsg - redsilvergrey - leon
27. rbr - redblackred - mao
28. rsr - redsilverred - fidel
29. rbt - redblacktan - chea
30. rst - redslvertan - nikita
31. sbb - silverblackblack - hamilton
32. ssb - silversilverblack - stalton
33. sbp - silverblackpattern - dallas
34. ssp - silversilverpattern - denver
35. sbg - silverblackgrey - bentson
36. ssg - silversilvergrey - buchander
37. sbr - silverblackred - elliot
38. ssr - silversilverred - penny
39. sbt - silverblacktan - klesse
40. sst - silversilvertan - burt
41. wbb - whiteblackblack - oxford
42. wsb - whitesilverblack - vector
43. wbp - whiteblackpattern - judy
44. wsp - whitesilverpattern - faust
45. wbg - whiteblackgrey - halie
46. wsg - whitesilvergrey - moses
47. wbr - whiteblackred - shocka
48. wsr - whitesilverred - nicholas
49. wbt - whiteblacktan - nina
50. wst - withesilvertan - steve
51. ybb - yellowblackblack - zaphod
52. ysb - yellowsilverblack - marvin
53. ybp - yellowblackpattern - arthur
54. ysp - yellowsilverpattern - starling
55. ybg - yellowblackgrey - greg
56. ysg - yellowsilvergrey - donna
57. ybr - yellowblackred - bates
58. ysr - yellowsilverred - morgan
59. ybt - yellowblacktan - walton
60. yst - yellowsilvertan - ester

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snake, time to switch to decaf! :)
Yeah, I get that a lot. Thing is j, I was kind of hoping to engage people on some sort of discussion about all of the weird color combinations you could have and maybe even then character of the various combinations but I suppose that you are right. I'm just suffereing from some sort of chemical imbalance.

Mod,
Please delete this thread and all my other posts. I'd do it myself but I don't want to scare anybody.

pffft.

·
Super Moderator
29,220 Posts
No need to delete - pretty interesting approach to things. My mind doesn't work that way but I'm all for looking at things differently. :)

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
Including the pure’s solid grey interior, and the optional black leather, there are 60 different combinations. Sorta’ like SwatchWatches.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mind doesn't work that way ... :)
Did you already configure? What colors did you get?

I have not been invited to order yet and I have changed my mind about fourty times since I reserved. So I just named all the combinations so they would stop barking.

I stated a redsilverblack (friedrich) at reservation time.

I've decided on a black tridon and leather seats. Now all I have to do is nail down a panel color and that's down to white, black, red or yellow. If I configured today (HA!) I'd go black (darkside).

·
Super Moderator
29,220 Posts
I'm locked in with the metallic blue panels, silver tridion and red interior. Hopefully it will be what we want because we can't change now. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Snake, I've already confirmed "Sinatra". Very cool! :cool: I'd love to know more about how you named each possible color configuration, but I'm afraid my head would burst! :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
What or who is a zaphod?

This is my combo........ I think.... still negotiating with myself...... and I seem to be loosing...er winning...no definitely loosing...well maybe it will be a tie...hell I don't freaking know....leave me alone!

OH yes, there I was...what the hell is a zaphod!

·
Registered
564 Posts
SnakeFarm, this is brilliant. Don't listen to the detractors: true genius is often mistaken for mental illness by those who don't possess it. :D

Fredvon4, Zaphod, Arthur and Marvin are all characters from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. This is considered by many to be a sacred text. It's worth noting that Zaphod is from another planet (enough said?).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nicholas, she can't be Nicholas!
You could go with "Nichole" if it's just a gender thing. I asked my subself where Nicholas came from and he said whitesilverred reminded him of Christmas so ... St. Nick or Nicholas...

Of course, you could pick something else...;)

I named my Honda Valkyrie "Lenore" because Valkyries were female and could take the form of a raven and since I accidentally memorized a poem about a raven back in high school that featured a maiden named Lanore...

likerdoodle

I named the girls sitting on Lenore (l2r) Faith and Sophia

Oh, and the upstarirs tolet is Lewcie (sorry) and the downstairs is Charlie and to be fair, I have been diagnosed with a disorder but as long as I take the medication, things are pretty ok.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You could go with "Nichole" if it's just a gender thing. I asked my subself where Nicholas came from and he said whitesilverred reminded him of Christmas so ... St. Nick or Nicholas...

Of course, you could pick something else...;)
Nothing wrong with Nicholas, but her name will be Lilli--short (ha ha) for Lilliputian :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I was gonna say something very rude but I remember a post where you said you wanted a Harlequin colored Smart so I decided to do as my Mother taught me and not say it....

I am very curious about SnakeFarms response though..... insert evil grin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts