Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a red black smart car while traveling from New Jesey to Newburyport MA. It was while n MA traveling to my brother's place. It had a whole bunch of window stickers on the back window. I think the license plate was 'SMATZ' or 'SWATZ'? At first it was a few cars ahead of me then I was able to get behind it and see the license plate.

I was in my Dad's car. My little car does not have AC and did not have enough cargo space for the luggage of both my Dad and me.

It was neat seeing two Smart cars in one day (the other when I passed through CT and I posted in the CT section too). :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw a yellow Smart car in Newburyport MA. I did not see the driver. It was parked on the road side near the downtown area of Newburyport MA. I am not sure if it had a silver or black tridon.

I think I saw more Smart cars in Massachusetts in three days than I normally see in all month in New Jersey.

I was not in my Smart car at the time. I wasn't in any car. I was walking downtown and looking at stores. :) We had pizza at Upper Crust Pizza. It was good. :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Saw these two at a used car lot near Westfield. MA. Did not get a price as I was rushed, but if anyone wants to know, I can get the name of the dealer from my buddy.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a blue silver Smart car on the 8th of November of 2014, as I was just arriving in town. My brother says it belongs to an architect. I don't know if he saw me in my Smart Fortwo, it was dark out. I was stopped at a stop sign when I saw him go by. I followed him a little bit until I got to the street my brother lives on. :)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw two Smart cars yesterday (11/10/2014). One was in the afternoon when I was walking to the Tannery. I think it was charcoal grey. The other later that evening. It was parked near the city hall. I don't remember what color it was. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
It was neat seeing two Smart cars in one day (the other when I passed through CT and I posted in the CT section too). :cool:
Interesting. Are smart cars that rare out east? I probably saw more than 10 on the way to work this morning, but most of them were Car2Go's. One was an ED! I honestly didn't know they were uncommon elsewhere. Wow!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Boston Has Several!

Driving around Boston, I have probably seen a dozen or so. There is a meal delivery service that uses smart as their vehicle. I don't know about the 'burbs. I think their version of a smart is an F-150...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think their version of a smart is an F-150...
LOL! That's true here as well. Real men drive diesel F350's and girly-men drive F150's. My neighbor likes to fire his diesel F350 up at 4:00AM every weekday and let it rattle (idle) outside my bedroom window for 1/2 hour before roaring out of the driveway. Apparently real mean drive trucks that wake everybody up in a 3 block radius...

As it happens, the social security office is in the same building where I work. We all enjoy watching little old ladies in F350's trying to parallel park on the street outside our window. Very entertaining indeed! The other day one elderly lady just gave up trying to parallel park her beast and left it double parked it in the street. Didn't even turn on her hazard lights. Homeland Security guards our building (because of the SS office) and they don't like this kind of behavior one bit. Less than 15 minutes after she left, it was being towed away. She was NOT a happy camper when she came back to find her truck gone. The security guard really got an earful.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw two in the Newburyport area. One was white and the other was black. :) I think the white one was heading north. The black one was in town.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to Liberty Mall in MA. When I came out, there was a green Smart Car next to mine. This was a couple of days ago. Last night, outside my brothers house was a Smart car parked next to mine. :)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Well just over the border in Enfield Connecticut. Stopped at the Triumph dealer to look at a bike and this fella stopped in. CT tags...

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw another Smart car. I think I was in MASS but I might have been in NH and close to MA. I saw her and she saw me. She looked surprised.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
in Newburyport MA.

I was at an event in Newburyport MA at the Custom House Maritime Museum when I saw another blue Smart Fortwo. I tried my key on it but it did not work till I realize it was not my car. It was blue like mine but with a black tridon.
:nerd:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts