Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were cruising in her Mini and we spotted this:

It appears to me to be Canadian spec. It looks so top heavy. Is it going to tip over?

My wife's Mini Cooper S looked like a stretch-limo next to this.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Looking at the bumper it sure looks like it.

I love a website for a web-developer that's only one page. Heh.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Do you think this was a G&H conversion or a Canadian car? With the MN plates it probably is a gray market ZAP car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would never have got a smart if they didnt come to the US. The canadian prices are outrageous and to get one imported and fixed so its legal in the us is outrageous. Why pay 19k+ for a car thats gonna be about 13k in the us.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why pay 19k+ for a car thats gonna be about 13k in the us.

Let me try to answer that. I have 2 smarts, I bought the first one more than 18 months ago and enjoy it so much that I bought a second smart 6 months ago, for the wife. Yes I paid more for them but to me it is the cost of my entertainment. Some people gamble, some drink, I buy and drive smarts. Do I have any regrets, no way. Am I nuts, maybe, but when I look at all the people on this and other sites with drool all over their toes, I just go outside and give my smarts a big hug.:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Let me try to answer that. I have 2 smarts, I bought the first one more than 18 months ago and enjoy it so much that I bought a second smart 6 months ago, for the wife. Yes I paid more for them but to me it is the cost of my entertainment. Some people gamble, some drink, I buy and drive smarts. Do I have any regrets, no way. Am I nuts, maybe, but when I look at all the people on this and other sites with drool all over their toes, I just go outside and give my smarts a big hug.:D:D:D

Good to hear, Yank. We need more commentary like this. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
smart love

... Some people gamble, some drink, I buy and drive smarts... I just go outside and give my smarts a big hug.
Let me add to smartie yank: I reserved in March, but by August was in a panic the smarts were never coming. Found one in Seattle that longed to be adopted. Sold '00 VW beetle on the spot, am selling '81 Honda civic, and an RV, all out of love for a smart. PS: mine likes being garaged and patted on the head at bedtime.:D

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Let me add to smartie yank: I reserved in March, but by August was in a panic the smarts were never coming. Found one in Seattle that longed to be adopted. Sold '00 VW beetle on the spot, am selling '81 Honda civic, and an RV, all out of love for a smart. PS: mine likes being garaged and patted on the head at bedtime.:D
It took the sale of 3 vehicles to pay for a 450? I'll wait for the 451.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Practicality or emotion. What ever works for you as long as you are happy with your purchase now or willing to wait for a 451.
I sympathize with both points of view.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts