Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filed under: Frankfurt Auto Show, Spy Photos, Economy, Hatchbacks, Ford
The next generation Ford Fiesta mini-car has been caught on camera again, this time without tarps. The new B-Car inherits the "kinetic design" look of the latest Mondeo mated to the same platform that underpins the new Mazda2. Compared to the relatively upright and boxy look of the current Fiesta the new one looks far more modern and sleek. For the home market, a range of gas and diesel engines running from 1.3L to 1.8L will be available.

Hopefully this design is the one we will see when the mini car comes to the US late next year, rather than the more upright one that has been spotted in and around Dearborn in recent months. That latter car is now reported to be a Brazilian market model. AutoExpress is reporting that the new Fiesta will debut next month in Frankfurt and go on sale in Europe in spring 2008.

[Source: AutoExpress]
Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
</img> </img>

More...

·
Registered
124 Posts
It will still probably be too heavy and they'll insist on putting a larger engine for the US market. There will be very little improvement in economy. I don't think I trust Ford's reliability either.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I am always happy to see more/better small cars (and in particular hatchbacks) available here. I haven't seen any real competition coming down the pike in the Microcar segment, all the potential cars seem to be bigger then the ForTwo.

·
Super Moderator
28,915 Posts
From MSN's UK site - Top 10 best sellers in Europe

8th: Ford Fiesta (300,566, +0.6%)
Ford Fiesta (Image © Ford)

Given that it's due for replacement this year the Fiesta's performance for 2007 isn't bad, even posting a tiny increase. And with this level of popularity should Ford really start afresh and ditch the Fiesta name in favour of Verve? There will be some sleepless nights among Ford execs as they wrestle with the decision but with this, the new Kuga and the facelifted Focus Ford's line up for 2008 looks very strong indeed. It needs to be too, given the sale of premium brands like Jaguar and Land Rover and the continued appalling losses in its US homeland.
The current car is selling well for a model due for replacement shortly. The new one is supposed to be lighter and more fuel efficient, and will of course offer diesel engine options as they are very popular with UK buyers. :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Omg - I read wrong - I read Ford Festiva -
and I was thinking " Why bringing back this ulginess from the dead? "
But its not th same...
It's look "big"...

·
Registered
128 Posts
The new Fiesta has just been launch here in the UK and the motoring press are rating it very highly! top of the class really. It's lighter or the same weight as the model it replaces despite being bigger and safer. I think it looks fantastic! the Zetec-S mode, the sporty one, looks very tidy!

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,102 Posts
I kinda like. It should make for some Fit competition in 5-door guise, though I'd probably still prefer the Fit.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
i agree, there is a true meaning to the word found on road dead, or fix or repair daily. :D

It will still probably be too heavy and they'll insist on putting a larger engine for the US market. There will be very little improvement in economy. I don't think I trust Ford's reliability either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts