Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed, when driving around 10-15 MPH, and you quickly swerve the steering wheel back and forth, the drivers seat squeaks? I'm not talking about mad man swerving either, just casually back and forth. Very annoying. I wonder what could be done about this. I own a 2009 Fortwo with leather upholstery but the squeakiness sounds like it's coming from underneath the seat.

Any advice?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I've never experienced this with my 09 leather Brabus. It is not difficult to unbolt the seats and remove them for further inspection. You definitely want to disconnect the battery for about ten minutes before removing the seats to be sure you won't have an SRS error code lighting up on the dashboard. That requires a dealer re$et with the $tar machine. There are several connectors under the seats that are color coded with locking tabs that must be pressed to release the connectors. Just be sure to connect ALL of them before reconnecting the battery. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good advice, BB.. I'll certainly have a look at it and see what may be causing it.

Thanks!

I've never experienced this with my 09 leather Brabus. It is not difficult to unbolt the seats and remove them for further inspection. You definitely want to disconnect the battery for about ten minutes before removing the seats to be sure you won't have an SRS error code lighting up on the dashboard. That requires a dealer re$et with the $tar machine. There are several connectors under the seats that are color coded with locking tabs that must be pressed to release the connectors. Just be sure to connect ALL of them before reconnecting the battery. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
my 09 A-arms squeak like that are you sure it is not that? A good shot of WD40 or the like will fix that. Some have had the A-arms replaced to fix that also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts