Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I need to check with the others in the Texas Caravan but looking at our route it looks like we could meet up with the St. Louis Caravan at Limon, Colorado on I-70. We will be coming from Amarillo on Wed. morning according to the current plan.

While meeting at Salina would be fun it would add at least 100 miles to the trip.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I need to check with the others in the Texas Caravan but looking at our route it looks like we could meet up with the St. Louis Caravan at Limon, Colorado on I-70. We will be coming from Amarillo on Wed. morning according to the current plan.

While meeting at Salina would be fun it would add at least 100 miles to the trip.
That's not a problem, we don't want anyone to go too far out of there way and lose time and waste gas (yeah, I know, how much gas will you really use :rolleyes:). Just check with your group and email me your plans and I am sure we can figure out a meetup time, the more the merrier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just wanted to bring this to the top. We only have 3 people listed that are joining the caravan and I know there's gotta be more people than that coming. So, please contact me below if you will be joining the caravan and staying at the hotel(s) as soon as you can.

Scott Merritt
319-325-5547
[email protected]

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
I have a feeling alot won't make their travel plans until late May or June.
I know we don't usually because there are normally too many distractions and variables on when we will leave. Drives one of our son's nuts. He likes to plan a couple weeks ahead of time on when we will get to his house.

I know it makes it more difficult to plan the caravan.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh I know. I still have to make ourselves seen and heard for those who may only get online once a month or so. I'm a former military guy, so naturally I am a little more anal retentive about having things organized and planning ahead.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am not going to nationals, but live in the STL area. I will be watching for any planned meetup prior to the roadtrip for all of you, and may try to swing by.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I may or may not be going to Nationals, just became unemployed for the 2nd time this year!:( Waiting for the background check (nothing to hide) for my new job to clear, if and when it does that'll mean night shift Mon-Thur for me, but since I live Salina, Kansas I'll at least be able to hang out with the overnighters, and terrorize the hotel parking lot with 10psi. :D

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
Chibi, it would be great if you can make it to Nationals but we'll all understand if the new job prevents it. Jim and I moved so won't be coming through Salina on our way to the Nationals. Have fun with those who do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I may or may not be going to Nationals, just became unemployed for the 2nd time this year!:( Waiting for the background check (nothing to hide) for my new job to clear, if and when it does that'll mean night shift Mon-Thur for me, but since I live Salina, Kansas I'll at least be able to hang out with the overnighters, and terrorize the hotel parking lot with 10psi. :D
You can always come up for the weekend you know :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I plan on meeting up with the gang, in St Louis along with the troublemaker.
She has promised, to leave all tailgate beverages at home this trip,in order
to back additional clothing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I plan on meeting up with the gang, in St Louis along with the troublemaker.
She has promised, to leave all tailgate beverages at home this trip,in order
to back additional clothing.
I left you a PM. Get me your info so I can update post 1.

21 - 40 of 98 Posts