Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just bringing this to the top to keep everyone updated. Here is the current list:

Confirmed Hotel Reservations:

1. Scott Merritt/Patty Meeks (mer071898/sharkdog1986)-St.Louis/Salina
  2. Ken Storms (CVA59)-Salina
  3. John Sheehan (jwight)-St.Louis/Salina
  4. Barry and Linda Prosser (bpsmart)-St.Louis/Salina

Caravan

1. Scott Merritt/Patty Meeks (mer071898/sharkdog1986)
  2. Ken Storms (CVA59)
  3. John Sheehan (jwight)
  4. Barry and Linda Prosser (bpsmart)

Still waiting for confirmation if any of the Texas and Indiana crew are joining us for sure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Great, now I actually have to make hotel reservations.... :p
Don't look at me, you said you were staying over. :shrug:

You were going to sleep in you smart?:eek:
Well, since the seats don't go back, I'd have to say I'd rather sleep in a nice comfy bed than walk around the next day all hunched over. Of course you could always bring a friend with you John, just make sure he's a licensed chiropractor.

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
I'll stay over, just procrastinating on the actual reservations (and a lot of other things as well...) :)

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Any thoughts on things to do in St. Louis? Last time we visited the Arch and went to the Mercedes museum - what else could we find to get into trouble? :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Any thoughts on things to do in St. Louis? Last time we visited the Arch and went to the Mercedes museum - what else could we find to get into trouble? :)
There are things like the Budweiser Brewery Tour :cheers:, the St.Louis Zoo (which is free except for parking), and maybe we can get everyone down to Ted Drewes for frozen custard (a St.Louis landmark since 1929). Here's another link with a variety of things to do.

Explore St.Louis

Also, a reminder to those staying over in St.Louis for the caravan, you have until 6/17/2013 to get your hotel rooms reserved before the hotel releases them back to the public.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just a reminder for those coming in to stay in St.Louis for the caravan. You have until June 17th (less than 2 weeks!!!) to make reservations at the La Quinta in Maryland Hgts. and until July 1st in Salina, KS before they return the rooms to inventory for the general public.

If you are not on the list in post #1, please e-mail at [email protected] to let me know if you're driving with us to get an accurate count on people and cars (even if you are not staying at the hotels).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Okay everyone, tomorrow we will be a month out out from our meeting is St.Louis for the caravan and I find it hard to believe we only have four (4) people confirmed on the list so far (only 3 staying in St.Louis) :confused:. This is not including the Dallas crew as they are not meeting us until we're in Colorado.

Again, if you know for sure you're joining the caravan (even if your not staying overnight), please e-mail me as soon as you can at [email protected] so I can give Mr. Winston at the smart center an accurate headcount. Plus the Denny's (which is across the street from the hotel) would like a heads up to be able to hold a table for our group.

Also, please make sure to get your reservations made before the cutoff dates on post #1 to assure you get the group rate and not incur the risk of being stuck having to go to a different hotel.

·
Super Moderator
29,203 Posts
Reserve your Salina room(s) ASAP!

Just booked both my rooms a few minutes ago. The lady at the Salina Days Inn says she has Wyndham Hotels pressuring her to book another group of 25 rooms on July 9th, plus she will have to move four existing reservations to fit our group in. So, get your room in Salina booked right now or the whole block of rooms may be gone in the next week or so. :wink:

PS - not sure we can call four cars a caravan...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The Texas group is from Houston, not Dallas.
Sorry, I hope that's not an insult by any means?

Just booked both my rooms a few minutes ago. The lady at the Salina Days Inn says she has Wyndham Hotels pressuring her to book another group of 25 rooms on July 9th, plus she will have to move four existing reservations to fit our group in. So, get your room in Salina booked right now or the whole block of rooms may be gone in the next week or so.
Don't worry, I have those rooms locked in until July 1st. The goof-up is Wyndam's fault, not mine. They are just encouraging everyone in our group to make they're reservations as early as possible, hence the reason I keep posting about it every week. I have it in writing so they really do not have a leg to stand on in the matter.

They just have to understand that I can't force someone to make a reservation and that reservations will be made when the customer is ready to make it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I they don't get it made there are several other hotels nearby. Probably more expensive though!!!
That is true, but they still have until June 17th to get reservations done in St.Louis and July 1st for Salina.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
That is true, but they still have until June 17th to get reservations done in St.Louis and July 1st for Salina.
We just tried to make reservations at Salina and the motel said they were booked up for the 9th so we made reservations at the Knights Inn instead. Chumly

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
PS - not sure we can call four cars a caravan...[/QUOTE]

Would 5 cars count? We plan to meet at St. Louis on the 9th, what time and where?:confused: Chumly

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,972 Posts
By the time you pick up 4 (I think) more in Limon, CO it will be a caravan. I've not heard if any are joining at Salina, KS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We just tried to make reservations at Salina and the motel said they were booked up for the 9th so we made reservations at the Knights Inn instead. Chumly
I just called them and the lady at the desk says there are still 20+ rooms in our block still available. Do you know who you spoke with? If you still want to, you can try again tomorrow to get one of the rooms, just mention "Smart Car Nationals" or give them this confirmation # if they can't find it, 34649151. If you have any problems, call me immediately at 319-325-5547 anytime. I'd really like to keep everyone at the same hotel if possible, but it's okay if you'd rather stay at the Knight's inn.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
ColoradWiki has posted in the Nationals thread that you only have until June 17th to book your rooms at the Westin. Same goes for those reserving rooms at the La Quinta for the St.Louis Caravan, by June 17th. That's 3 days folks, after that your on your own. Reservations for Salina are still open until July 1st.

As a courtesy to the hotels and due to the low number of participants that have already registered, on Monday I will be calling the hotels and cutting down the available rooms to maybe 15-20 rooms instead of 30 because it obviously looks like we're not going to fill them and I don't want to deny an opportunity for someone else to reserve a room during the 4th of July holiday, sorry.

By the time you pick up 4 (I think) more in Limon, CO it will be a caravan. I've not heard if any are joining at Salina, KS.
I wouldn't expect the Texas crew to go out of their way to meet up in Salina, besides, there's plenty of time to get everyone caravanning around Denver.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts